Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

17 hours ago, KVELLER said:

And here we can see dynamic lighting revealing the location of a now not-so-secret Soul Sphere :P

Eyyyyyyy......

Map ideas for DMP 2018:

Gy3INnR.png

xRfmL8n.png

A 2 textures x 2 flats map, just the beginning draft that i kind give up.

JNjAXsK.png

lDTluK0.png

A pretty old map from 3 years ago that i bring back in these days, is made under the jmickle texture generator seed limitation. The second shot is a glowing sector, but i take the picture at the darkest glow...

What looks better? Personally, i'm more involved in the second map...

10 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Fa17j9I.gif

Doom Core, MAP21

ha1HlSX.gif

Doomed In SPACE, MAP07

I really like those skies, and the scrolling animation is cool.

3 hours ago, antares031 said:

b08d1fdaff.png

After 14 months have passed, I finally decided to install guns to her turrets.

I used to live on an Iowa-class battleship -- USS Wisconsin, BB-64 -- and you have done a remarkable job of naval architecture here. Is this in GZDoom? How did you manage the gun barrels? They even cast shadow. It looks as if you used a non-tiling silver texture and staggered the height to create the elevated-barrels effect. The scale looks a bit off, though, given the size of the dead Caco by comparison. ;)

BB-65 would have been the USS Illinois, as you probably know. IIRC, she was about 20% complete at the end of World War Two, and was never finished, though there was some thought about possible conversion to an aircraft carrier. The unfinished hull was eventually scrapped in 1958. 

Hi, I ported E6M6 Forbidden Rituals from Blood, full with PolyObject doors, now I just need to place objects.

Screenshot_Doom_20180201_134515.png

7 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I used to live on an Iowa-class battleship -- USS Wisconsin, BB-64 -- ......

Ah, yes. I remember I saw your photo from the "Post the picture of yourself" section; a main battery gun director of 16-inch gun turret. It's so great to see the naval veteran, especially who served as an officer of one of the greatest battleships, like you in here. :)

I was designing the miniature of small city, as a part of my level, and I decided to put the battleship as a decoration. I've been playing the naval simulation game called NavyFIELD for almost 14 years, and I can say that I'm a fan of giant battleships from WW2 era. I even made several battleship models for that game, about two years ago. Since Iowa class is one of my favorite BB classes, I chose one of two unfinished BBs to let her see the light in Doom level.

This BB miniature was made with limit-removing compatibility. I made 4 custom textures for those newly-installed gun barrels; for each side, and dark/bright variations. The shadow is just another sector with different brightness. Here's the view from the level editor, for more details:

194af698bd.png

Map Request: Take a copy of that warship and scale it up to 'lifesize' proportions, and make it into a fully playable map of it's own? Please? :D

33 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Map Request: Take a copy of that warship and scale it up to 'lifesize' proportions, and make it into a fully playable map of it's own? Please? :D

Would need blueprints

28 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

...scale it up to 'lifesize' proportions

That will require lots and lots of 3D floors and polygon models, including armaments, equipments for superstructure, etc. Remember that battleship is not just a ship with guns, but a floating home of two thousand sailors. You may need to design not only turrets and engine room, but also design bakery, barber shop, library, machine shop, post exchange...... you get the idea. :P

But maybe I'll try to make one, once I start to make GZDoom compatible levels in the future.

You can always take the videogame trope of making the place seem bigger than it is by having several never-opening doors, to save actually mapping 2000 rooms, heh. But yeah, 3D floors and/or portal usage would be handy for this one. Good luck if you do ever decide to make this! :D

9 hours ago, antares031 said:

b08d1fdaff.png

After 14 months have passed, I finally decided to install guns to her turrets.

Toe to tip, that's a ship!

15 hours ago, antares031 said:

Ah, yes. I remember I saw your photo from the "Post the picture of yourself" section; a main battery gun director of 16-inch gun turret. It's so great to see the naval veteran, especially who served as an officer of one of the greatest battleships, like you in here. :)

I was designing the miniature of small city, as a part of my level, and I decided to put the battleship as a decoration. I've been playing the naval simulation game called NavyFIELD for almost 14 years, and I can say that I'm a fan of giant battleships from WW2 era. I even made several battleship models for that game, about two years ago. Since Iowa class is one of my favorite BB classes, I chose one of two unfinished BBs to let her see the light in Doom level.

This BB miniature was made with limit-removing compatibility. I made 4 custom textures for those newly-installed gun barrels; for each side, and dark/bright variations. The shadow is just another sector with different brightness. Here's the view from the level editor, for more details:

Thanks for this! It has literally taken me all day to find time to write back. Very cool work, and I much appreciate the explanation of the sizes. I was actually wondering if it was some mod for a giant robots type of map, like Shogo With Battleships. ;)

Your sprite work for NavyFIELD is spectacular. It's especially nice to see the "never were" giants, which of course populate World of Warships as well.

One thing I really appreciate about your USS Illinois, aside from all the Tomahawk armored box launchers being where they ought to be, is the fine work you did on the bow section. The Iowas have an unusual bow shape, very narrow, designed to get their high speed of 32 knots, as fast as a destroyer. But as you have probably read -- you've clearly done your research -- that narrow bow has insufficient buoyancy, and as a result, the ships generate a lot of spray in a large swell thanks to excessive pitching, which is the up and down movement of a ship for those unfamiliar with the term. And in heavy seas, they bury the bow. We went through seas at least 25-feet high in a storm off Cape Hatteras, and the bow went underwater at each wave. When it came back up, it had to shrug off something like 100 tons of seawater, which caused it to shake back and forth. You could feel it throughout the ship and you wondered, "Is that thing going to break off?" ;D

As for me, I was not an officer, I was an enlisted man, a Petty Officer Second Class, equivalent to a Sergeant in the Army, although I did once perform the role of Acting Director Officer, which allowed me to have all 9 guns at my command. It was really cool, I must say.

I look forward to seeing this map when you're finished, plus I have plenty of others to play by you. Keep us posted. :)  

Well noice. The mountainous part of the sky texture could probably be a little more detailed, but everything else is fantastic.

2 hours ago, Jaska said:

Propably "breakthrough". I'm quite sure this will be the 1st map of my "lost civilization"-project. I've had problems on getting all the maps connected logically and now I'm getting to it. Yes!

tKkf0lF.png

I love your work!

Ive been working on a castle themed map for roughly 4 days on and off. So far this is my favorite image of showing it off to friends.

Foyer-1.png

5 hours ago, Jaska said:

tKkf0lF.png

I would get rid of these flat yellow flowers on the grass. They don't really work well and can be replaced with textures that would look more believable anyway.