Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

I would get rid of these flat yellow flowers on the grass. They don't really work well and can be replaced with textures that would look more believable anyway.

Noooo the flowers are great!

5 hours ago, Tango said:

1WhrvJ4.jpg

I have spent all goddamn evening trying to get this Streets of Rage 2 font working in gzdoom and have finally gotten it, after hours of toying with paint.net and gimp and imagetool. phewwww

Kewl

Btw what is that map?(Mayan mishap?)

5 hours ago, Catpho said:

Kewl

Btw what is that map?(Mayan mishap?)

thanks :D that map is some small speedmap that I'm in the process of detailing

I extracted an old Freedoom shotgun sprite, Screenshot_Doom_20180125_232127.png.dc3cdd71b29064f010074b84b306fc9a.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170605_214216.png.dd141121d8bd041548816db45a74335c.png Me as Duke in a wad I was playing. (I think it was Foursite)

Screenshot_Doom_20170907_015825.png.609e53a6b4bb8ee4401507ee106595cf.png I mixed nash blud with some other blood mod, this was the result... (I only hit the zombieman 1 time!)

Edited by V0idH0und

On 2/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, Jaska said:

Propably "breakthrough". I'm quite sure this will be the 1st map of my "lost civilization"-project. I've had problems on getting all the maps connected logically and now I'm getting to it. Yes!

tKkf0lF.png

I half-expect the music from "Hunted" in Plutonia to be playing here.  

On 2/2/2018 at 2:21 PM, Memfis said:

I would get rid of these flat yellow flowers on the grass. They don't really work well and can be replaced with textures that would look more believable anyway.

I love the way that looks!

@V0idH0und dude, you do not need to multipost, da?

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

kjigoxqvtjd01.png

Its from this thread,take a look!

Right, it looks good. BUT. Is it me or Doom assets are just out of whole scene? I mean, they need to be hidden there...

Also, it does contain classic Alone in the Dark vibes... goooood.

Edited by CWolf

Well, that was planned badly

CfQnF0a.png1Xb4And.pngFESwxAo.pngJt7dYjM.png

Picking up materials will take some time... month or two, maybe... even more for sprites and DECORATE + ACS/ZScript... Jeez. 

1 hour ago, Argent Agent said:

Work in progress for a Deathmatch map I've been detailing.

Screenshot_Doom_20180204_110659.png

Unholy fucking shit, this knocked me off the chair.

The sky is insanely good looking, fantastic work.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, V0idH0und said:

I extracted an old Freedoom shotgun sprite, Screenshot_Doom_20180125_232127.png.dc3cdd71b29064f010074b84b306fc9a.png

What do you think about cacodemonleaders combat slug sounds?

13 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

While i was developing my e4m6. i added a scene too it

ezgif-2-ddc671537a.gif.1ca1bc7f61d38d02d15b89fa03b6d58d.gif

I like the effort that's gone into this but I'd suggest against cutscenes, remember that they pause the gameplay and totally and utterly end any flow your map had going at the time. They generally should only be used to give meaningful information; in this case it literally stops you for dialogue that adds very, very little to the gameplay of your map.

In general, cutscenes are best used when the action's already stopped, like right at the start or end of the map. Hell, doing it at the start of the map gives an easy reason to do the cutscene, as it can give the player a peak at what they'll be dealing with it the immediate future and perhaps call attention to details they might've already glanced over. Outside of those scenarios, though, I'd recommend any cutscenes occur in real ( not paused ) time from the player's perspective, ala the cutscenes in the Half-Life series; not only does this mean that should a player trigger the cutscene while they're actually in a fight, they won't get whiplash from suddenly being interrupted with something completely irrelevant, but it also just feels a lot better to be able to control the angle you're viewing the cutscene stuff from.

Also don't like, have like a four-episode mapset that is completely freeflowing gameplay for the first three episodes and the first five maps of the fourth episode only for a cutscene to suddenly jump out of nowhere on the sixth map. That's really good way to shoot any consistency you had in the face, not to mention it really adds to the feel that the mapset was made strictly for experimenting with the engine and you only added the cutscenes because you figured out how at the time.

5 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

What do you think about cacodemonleaders combat slug sounds?

I'm not sure if I have heard them to be honest, are they the one's in freedoom?

11 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

Work in progress for a Deathmatch map I've been detailing.

Screenshot_Doom_20180204_110632.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180204_110659.png

Quite possibly one of the best sky's I have ever seen!

7 minutes ago, Classicgamer6 said:

Is the sky from Space Engine?

Yes; I have found Space Engine to be a great source for skyboxes.

49 minutes ago, Argent Agent said:

Yes; I have found Space Engine to be a great source for skyboxes.

when are we going to see argentum_skyboxes.pk3???????

You have made a bunch of great ones already (as well as a bunch of others not posted here. Please do it!