Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

8 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Here are some shots of the map i've been building for the vinesauce contest, nothing too fancy, it's been a long time since i've built a playable map, and i gotta say im having a blast making it, so if i have the spare time, i've been thinking about expanding on more levels beside this one and make a small map pack
YoZNs8E.png

Hm... can't help but think this room is a bit too bright for its own good.

@Agent6 I wanted to build a glass ceiling on that zone, but since im trying to build as much of the map as i can on my spare time i skipped that detail lol, but i agree it looks odd without a light source

@Memfis Hell Revealed II MAP32? Fun fact, I didn't think to check behind me at the start for a hidden Invul, so I made the start of this map waaaay fuckin' harder on myself than it ever had the right to be.

@InsanityBringer You're doing a very good job in my opinion. Love the big open areas and the height variations and the overall architecture. Looks really good.

Thanks, dunno if you'll want to do that though, I've got no idea how I want to approach the gameplay, heh.

some thing i made for a mod coming up

(Why can't I post another comment??)

doomscreenie2.png

Edited by Scorpinax

I'm lolling at "ultra realistic graphics".

To be honest I'm not really fond of the extremely mismatched styles you get when you rip everything left and right. You've got Blood, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Harmony, Powerslave, Strife, and Might & Magic here, each with a totally different art style.

Warm colors. This looks very comfy, as far as presumably-demon-infested techbases go.

47 minutes ago, Gez said:

Warm colors. This looks very comfy, as far as presumably-demon-infested techbases go.

Well... I just felt like doing something bright for once

13 hours ago, Scorpinax said:

some thing i made for a mod coming up

doomscreenie2.png

*nominating it for a Cacoward* [/joking]

On 2/16/2018 at 6:49 AM, Gez said:

I'm lolling at "ultra realistic graphics".

To be honest I'm not really fond of the extremely mismatched styles you get when you rip everything left and right. You've got Blood, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Harmony, Powerslave, Strife, and Might & Magic here, each with a totally different art style.

You're definitely right about the styles looking mismatched: I had this under something of a content pack which just mixes together a bunch of different monsters, props, textures ect. Although there are almost 129 different types of monsters now, I rarely use all of them: they're just there for other people using the content pack, for theme maps, and other things like nonsense maps and invading waves. Luckily that's just a side project and my main project i've been on for about 3 years now. (uses like 10 custom monsters max)

here's some screens of that while i'm at it. 

Screenshot_Doom_20180130_063432.png

technoxic4.png

technoxic2.png