Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, Angry Saint said:

When in doubt, add Hexen 2 monsters...

Screenshot_Doom_20180217_184912.png

Snaaaaaakeeee?????? 

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzball said:

this only reminds me at how much it upsets me that textures that should by all rights have identical parts don't i.e. brown96 vs bronze#

14 minutes ago, gaspe said:

Is that a remake of Iron Exuviae?

From what i see from the stream,its just a part of a series of Exuviae maps,and its name is Frozen Exuviae.

20 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

I found this in 32in24-5 MAP07. Don't think I've seen this in Doom before, and definitely haven't seen it outside of a ZDoom WAD. Not a clue how this works since the map editor reveals most of the room to be tagged the same as the door and there's a dummy sector joined to part of the room and there's light transfers and jesus christ it's a headache :P

AhKESyL.gif

Woah that's awesome! It's not used in a script? Could have been well timed light changes in a script.

I think boom actually automates that to some degree

giving a normally tag-less action 1 linedef a tag has some light levle interpolating effect on teh similarly tagged sectors

26 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

I found this in 32in24-5 MAP07. Don't think I've seen this in Doom before, and definitely haven't seen it outside of a ZDoom WAD. Not a clue how this works since the map editor reveals most of the room to be tagged the same as the door and there's a dummy sector joined to part of the room and there's light transfers and jesus christ it's a headache :P

AhKESyL.gif

Thats frickin amazing :D

17 minutes ago, yakfak said:

I think boom actually automates that to some degree

giving a normally tag-less action 1 linedef a tag has some light levle interpolating effect on teh similarly tagged sectors

Man this is awesome. It's a shame though, people criticise UDMF maps for only using a small handful of the available features, but sometimes it seems the same thing is going on with Boom - the only difference is a lot of people don't know these features exist :/ oh and demos I guess

Edited by Eris Falling

That is the so ignored Light Tag field when you use a Door function, it is a nice effect indeed and i'm not sure why people didn't use it more often.

5 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

It is a rarely-used Boom-only effect. I think it only appears once in any map I've made - MAP01 of Lamentations:

jHy0fOT.gif

That one is more localized/subtle but I prefer that other scene for its long shadowcasting. A floor-transfer has to be used in the adjacent sector to make floor-only lighting appear.

Some patches/textures which I use in my Boom WIP project. Also need to add more new switch variations for some cases.
3vxCJJH.png

7 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

I found this in 32in24-5 MAP07. Don't think I've seen this in Doom before

Qdoom had an effect like this,  I think it used  3d sectors so that the light would illuminate the opposing wall in step with the rising door. Nice effect however 

Edited by Szymanski : English MotherF*****

A funny brutal doom glitch where a dead imp started sliding across the floor, leaving a trail of blood... until it hit a wall. then it just vanished.

Screenshot_Doom_20141024_112632.png