Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

22 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@Zanieon is an absolute legend and helped me with a request for a 'rolled up flag which falls into place'. With his help I've converted my flat midtexture flags into animated ones which breeze in the wind, and as per my request I'm able to have them 'drop' from a rolled up state!

6eb7957862287928645e72838b1797e6.gif

And the banners flutter in the wind when idle?  Awesome!

I'm increasingly being interested in levels that have constant background movement of some kind, I feel they have a big effect on how impactful a level is to play.  It could be as simple as an animated vanilla liquid FLAT, or as complex as something like this, but just having something that constantly moves leaves a big impression.

I couldn't agree more. A lot of my non-gzdoom maps these days make a lot of use of pulsing and flickering lights for this exact reason. :D

52 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Goodies building themselves.

Man i hit the like button but i have to like with my avatar as well

kvgSJi3.png

Very well done bro.

56 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Stupidly impressive bollocks

Now please spawn a single Former Human as the boss!

Where are you mapping to?

Edit: Propably to this..

Edited by Jaska

You demons look a bit cold. Why not go to a nice fireplace to warm up?

Playing around with shovelware with a winter texture and Frost Shards mod right after a nice snowy day I've had

Screenshot_Doom_20180222_125902.png

5 hours ago, Memfis said:

SUNGOD.WAD (1994)

I played it in Maximum Doom. It's pretty cool.

I just wish GZDoom would have an option for Boom sky rendering (vanilla style but support for tall skies). The curved rendering and vertical offset bug is very annoying to me.

19 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@Myst.Harukoyou got cool idea with big cylindric room + midtextures of purple clouds. I bet the actual sky are only the stars

It's real skybox from Mechadon skybox collection, only difference it's paletted under palette which affects blue colour and I defined sky with Mapinfo lump. Main skybox thread is buried somewhere in Doom editing forum. 

1 minute ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

you dont get that cylindric look usually...

You do in GZDoom. Unfortunately, IMO.

Skybox size judging by information from Slade is 1024x240. I used gzdoom, because of advanced mapping format, I'll switch off freelook, when I finish my map completely. 
Here, below is original one.

HORISKY2.png