Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Thanks for the compliment! Catpho's right, this map is for the "MAYhem 2018: Purple Edition" project and uses it's resources. It shifts the greens into purples via a new PLAYPAL. The purple is a bit de-saturated so I'd consider a home-made PLAYPAL perhaps. (but I think that's kinda silly because let's be honest, purple and green works really well together.)

RE: Ukiro's textures - I'd genuinely consider making use of them, I am and it is quite possibly the most enjoyable pack I've worked with!

I like to come here and take inspiration from your all guys pictures.

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Tidied up my automaps today. (also I guess this is the 'editor progress shots' for my boom megawad for anyone who's been following that)

<3 Clean automaps. Love how the overhead view of the maps on the right almost make them look vanilla compatible

10 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

500th installment of god-like screenshots

This Boom project better win a Cacoward or I'm throwing my hat on the ground in disgust.

19 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

"pics"

Nice! I wish the other authors in this project would post screenshots of their maps too!

The guest mappers who will be involved don't have much to show yet as I am still in the process of inventing the themes and setting up a "base visual style" for them.

1 minute ago, Jaska said:

Not sure about this area.. Is it good or not. Not sure about the sky.

Good or not? Man, those screenshots look sharp! That's easily one of the best natural areas I've ever seen in Doom.

The sky fits the environment, too.

Just now, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Good or not? Man, those screenshots look sharp! That's easily one of the best natural areas I've ever seen in Doom.

The sky fits the environment, too.

Thanks!

I think it's nice, maybe some plants on the left are too tropical but then again I don't know anything about plants.

47 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I think it's nice, maybe some plants on the left are too tropical but then again I don't know anything about plants.

You're right. Mixing tropical and "non-tropic" plants isn't maybe a good idea. But in some countries they can have something like pines and spruces and also palm-trees.. I've seen that kind of mix in Georgia. (Difference of those trees were few hundred kilometers though.. :D )  This is btw where my "profile pic" is from, Mestia (Georgia). A great place to visit!

NFQow86.jpg

Edited by Jaska

WOW! such an amazing screenies Jaska!

I'm inlove with nature maps, how long I need to wait to play these maps? :)

2 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

You captured the essence very well. I imagine you had to work hard for a long while to finish it.

Thanks. Yes, I've had that scenery in my mind almost a year. At first I thought it would be impossible to do that in doom. I'm now quite happy with it. But it is still implemented in quite a simple way.

3 minutes ago, Eradrop said:

WOW! such an amazing screenies Jaska!

I'm inlove with nature maps, how long I need to wait to play these maps? :)

I'm planning to release this when I got this forest map ready so.. Maybe in a month.

18 minutes ago, Jaska said:

This is inspired by that place. But I didn't wan't to make a mountain map so some difference..

Looks fantastic mate ;) .

Meanwhile the journey continues. I'm glad to see the space once again, the last cavernous levels really weren't my cup of tea.

vsdvs.png

Shots of MAP21 "Nightmare" by P0x, from Legendary CTF. A beautiful map which is unfortunately unplayable in its intended mode due to extreme size and scale. Still a cool art piece.

Screenshot_Doom_20180509_165704.png.804a132f69a944795b49127c480eb632.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180509_165745.png.f456bec63f3b53cc69ac8e83dbf971a6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180509_165647.png.ea3e93ead1698c6976a28d3f0c440b5e.png

People complained about the gamma so here's the same shots in software at 1.5:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180509_220100.png.222df127a010aa32a4d8df865e483f91.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180509_220112.png.684dc37b9bb1f8cc9a351457f88342b1.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180509_220126.png.29ae02e37c53ec5b290891f7800a9429.png

I guess it does look a little better here

The problem isn't that it is "overdetailed". It's just huge. You could fit 64 players on it easily but trying to cap would, true to the map's name, be an absolute nightmare.

The reason Gothic gets panned for being overdetailed is because it's full of bitty detailing that both creates visual noise and gets in the way of player movement. It's hard to see in and hard to move in.