Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Meanwhile.

First I was like "What kind of bullshit is this supposed to be? " but the moment the rockets and projectiles started flying around I realized this was actually genius. Pretty damn ingenious infighting.

doom00.png

doom01.png

Speaking of vistas. ( maybe should have put a border between the levels there on the left right  hm.. )

VziAjB6.png

Edited by NeedHealth

Hallo everyone!I got some problem:I used to have very high FPS with almost any mod on highest display setting,but since 2 months ago I upgrade my Nvidia new graphic driver,everything turns to bad,when I running Gzdoom's OpenGl mode,even with no mod and low display setting,the FPS couldn't keeping higher than 30!

This problem only happens to the version after 2.4.0 of Gzdoom,and also in Zandronum's OpenGl mode,Software mode and the version before 2.4.0 is ok as before but it's still a problem.I tried many ways to solve this problem like upgarde or downgrade my graphic card's driver but it doesn't work.

Follwing is my PC‘s hardware information:

inter(R) core(TM) i7-7700HQ cpu @2.80GHZ

RAM:16.0GB

system:X64

intel HD graphics 630

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060

Opengl version:4.4

DirectX:9.0c

Waiting for your suggest!

On 5/17/2018 at 8:47 PM, Agent6 said:

Meanwhile.

First I was like "What kind of bullshit is this supposed to be? " but the moment the rockets and projectiles started flying around I realized this was actually genius. Pretty damn ingenious infighting.

doom00.png

doom01.png

Those two screenshots = arguably the most rage-inducing trap I've ever seen in a WAD.

Just now, Poncho said:

Those two screenshots = arguably the most rage-inducing trap I've ever seen in a WAD.

Lmao :v .

It was actually much nicer than it looked like initially. I know for sure I've been through worse. It was a pretty fun room.

What a ray of sunshine. Be careful, @Albatross, you might be disallowed from building your maps your way.

Anyway, I just finished Strange Aeons Episode 4.

It wasn't nearly as difficult as Episode 3 was, but it had a lot more of those shotgunners and still had some spiders.

Fuck the shotgunners.

Spoiler

Xy95Jf9.png

Huh, I was wrong it seems. Episode 4 does have a unique start.

H58URGq.png

Behold the secret level. Apparently the secret exit was in the first level.

3oEojLV.png

I think that's a tentacle monster.

UoHzVDW.png

The blue void accessed in the Maniac Manor. Manic Manor? Good typo.

ch4Lql5.png

Alright! Who wants to fight a giant sandworm again? Not me!

zrQLY5D.png

5ONshZ7.png

DS02mP6.png

7wFTIWA.png

jlRWhjl.png

Foggy.

aTC0flf.png

Last level. I forgot E4M6 and E4M7. Sorry.

fEpIdoD.png

What the hell is that? Screecher, is that you?

IjBXKuY.png

Well, we all know even Elder Gods can feel pain.

I'll get Episode 5 done tomorrow.

Just finished up Strange Aeons. It's a good mod.

Spoiler

1QV51ei.png

Looks like Episode 4 was the odd one out.

XckFfuf.png

6vkS67T.png

yxBt0MX.png

fVfiuee.png

QRo578O.png

PdaLMjm.png

KCiusEN.png

WaDsgjk.png

7Oe9Bmw.png

ygN8itt.png

dfOHYrn.png

R'lyeh Rising? Well that can't be good.

A0eyalx.png

Well, shit.

Episode five seemed like it was designed to slowly bleed you out, because there was a distressing shortage of health for all the hitscanners and stealth melee monsters around.

Regardless, it was a really cool experience and I'd recommend trying it out.

Maybe you can find all the secret levels. I only found two.

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

517zs9z.jpg

What is this drawing depicting?

It could be a reference to some recent case where Russian policemen were shot, but I'm not sure.

edit: oh, but Militsiya was renamed to Police in 2011 and the car says "Militsiya", so that can't be it.

35 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

863e03ddd4991a05bbcd8c1cff96e2f2.jpg

Wow, that massive architecture makes impression!

9 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

I like the doom-ish sky and the very mischievous face of the doom guy.

That face is actually quite disturbing if the "shooting policemen" thing were true. 

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

I remember when the name of this topic said "don't quote images".

The most ironic thing back when they didn't allow you to quote images is that a image saying "DON'T QUOTE IMAGES DUMBASS" will appear in place of the quoted image, which is hilarious because of it's irony.

Man, all those lighting FX looks like it was a pain in the ass to set up. Looks great otherwise!

22 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

More progress :)  (Screenies are of the same segment at different angles) 

Beautiful work. This definitely resonates with my own mapping sensibilities (hell, hell and more hell). 

Looks sharp, @Dragonfly. I'm really liking those huge chains connecting the marble cubes and the structure.

As for me, I decided to play Doom 2 In Name Only, but the one being made by the Russian Doom Community.

Spoiler

Iy0jmXO.png

Now that's an entryway!

kCWDBvv.png

Aw, poor imp. Actually, no, he can go to hell, I don't care about him, I care about the map! This was a beautiful rendition of Underhalls.

Pun intended, by the way.

9YMkaOy.png

The Gauntlet of spee-yders.

fDnAdaQ.png

This door was sweet, but it was a pain in the ass to fight through. And move through.

Stopped in The Waste Tunnels for now. That one's going to be a long one.

Liking this one much better than the "official" Doom 2 In Name Only. Hope they get it finished soon.

I seem to like every one of these posted screenshots... maybe I just like all screenshots of Doom. To test this theory, you should post THE WORST DOOM SCREENSHOTS YOU CAN MUSTER. I would make a thread just for that, but nah.