Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I still want to remake my D2INO map one day. I was definitely on to something with the Boom-format + Blood textures remake, too bad I lost it before it was even close to finished.

Yours was 22, wasn't it, Eris? It and 31 are my favorites, as I remember.

I didn't really like D2INO, which is why I'm so pleased by the RDC's version.

I also seem to remember MAP06 broke every chance it got when I played.

I need to run back through that one, now that I think about it.

I'll do it when I finish the RDC version so I can be epically disappointed.

7 hours ago, Gez said:

RhlVaeM.png

I strove to create something that is simultaneously ugly, boring, and useless.

• Inexistent level design -- just a cramped box with irregular walls
  • STARTAN2 -- not the ugliest textures available, but definitely the most boring thanks to its use as a default texture in Doom Builder
  • Texture offsets were carefully misaligned for that wallpaper effect -- though vertical offsets were not used, out of fear they could suggest a lack of complete flatness
  • Ugly filtering, though that's barely visible because of the next point
  • Stupidly small game window
  • Crosshair -- useful in-game, but always ugly on a screenshot
  • Rendering glitches, fucked up shaders and borked textures were considered but rejected because they'd make it less boring, and also it'd demand actual work to set them up

I hope you are able to not like this pointless waste of bytes.

You've created the perfect fugly screenshot, but and this description was just hysterical to me. Its not the screenshot so much as the effort and logic put into making it look so fugly.

Edited by geo

13 minutes ago, Gez said:

• STARTAN2 -- not the ugliest textures available, but definitely the most boring thanks to its use as a default texture in Doom Builder
  • Texture offsets were carefully misaligned for that wallpaper effect -- though vertical offsets were not used, out of fear they could suggest a lack of complete flatness
  • Rendering glitches, fucked up shaders and borked textures were considered but rejected because they'd make it less boring, and also it'd demand actual work to set them up

Ironically, this horrible screenshot is an absolute masterpiece because of the above.

And agreed, the description was glorious.

22 minutes ago, Gez said:

RhlVaeM.png

Now watch this become the most popular post in the thread  ...

17 hours ago, Breezeep said:

Man, all those lighting FX looks like it was a pain in the ass to set up. Looks great otherwise!

Even more annoying: the whole thing flickers "randomly" as the energy beams in the back blink on and off.  Good times.

13 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Hope they get it finished soon

Uh-huh, yeah... about that. Will you be ready to wait 10 years more? No jokes, I'm serious.

On 5/20/2018 at 3:22 AM, Memfis said:

I remember when the name of this topic said "don't quote images".

Until quite recently the forums would auto-shrink quoted images to 320x200, which worked perfectly (you could see what the quoted screenshot was, but it took up very little screen real estate).

But there was a forum backend upgrade and it stopped working. I raised it in the "forum bugs" thread but nothing's been fixed yet.

I could look into that as it was a simple CSS tweak; but I'm not receiving the bug on my end. All quoted images are set to have "max-width:400px;" and it seems to be working correctly my end. What browser are you on Bauul? :)

Still haven't finished MAP05 of the RDC D2INO.

It's still really good, though.

Spoiler

Dc0C5NQ.png

I reloaded the game to this room. What a great reintroduction!

fgsPOGp.png

Cherry tapping the mastermind with the chaingun.

MdfxjnR.png

Ultra Darkness.

9d7yjSA.png

This was a great fight.

I got stuck after that last shot. I couldn't figure out how to open the door to the hall just before the warehouse and the blue card room.

Edit: Instead of double-posting.

Just finished the Revenant Problem. I tried to be an omnicidal monster, but I wasn't allowed.

Many, many screenshots ahead.

Spoiler

YUvyEOA.png

8JP3wVi.png

I screwed up here.

KvZvj8h.png

ryw5P5q.png

7PXFdFr.png

hla4PLn.png

nX2Lr0N.png

He's mad for some reason! Why is he mad?

RWAZhNX.png

18YA0i5.png

VB7PkuK.png

sMCizdL.png

0VlBBqL.png

aoXDuFU.png

7RGnhmK.png

I saved the BFG, but then I tried to get it.

m9efF0d.png

6I7AyhV.png

eheLmBq.png

BwdAlcr.png

Golden ending?

3BbTyZ4.png

F37ZoUh.png

Yp7YNKn.png

I'm such an asshole!

LccbGuO.png

cxg1tEZ.png

2TR7Yb4.png

bUBNjJU.png

uYe1zoQ.png

PxL8Fyf.png

ckKDd9i.png

jMyWBQf.png

Yeah! A+ for successful omnicide!

AxfYhWA.png

GS6lXbF.png

afHYWJx.png

vQzzAii.png

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

9 minutes ago, Grazza said:

VnLBlF6.png

Real in-game screenshot.

I remember I once got somehow pushed out of the map by a pinky while playing classic Doom II without any noclip on or anything and it looking like that. I think that's the only time I've ever encountered any glitch in Doom. I think I've still got a save that I named 'GLITCH WORLD' that's just outside the map where the glitch happened. At the time I didn't know you could Noclip through the walls with cheats so finding this glitch made it feel like I was the only person to ever see what Doom looked like outside the map... Oh, how I was wrong.

No cheat used. This was the result of a void glide. The red screen is due to telescratching where the void wraps around.

video

15 minutes ago, Grimosaur said:

I remember I once got somehow pushed out of the map by a pinky while playing classic Doom II without any noclip on or anything and it looking like that.

Sounds like you managed to accidentally trigger a v- ah hell Grazza just replied, I am going to submit this without looking because I bet he is saying the same thing.

So... yeah, Stardate 20x7 isn't what I expected it to be at all as a sequel to x6. Unfair traps, resource starvation, not even infighting helps much, and the layout is confusing.

My opinion on it is negative. Luckily there's only 2 more maps and the torment is over...

doom00.png