Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

Decided to restart my orange mayhem map. This is the starting room. The old one you saw will probably be the exit. Yes, I have about 48h to make this map but I will probably finish it in time. I also got fake floors to work.

zm4xeyw.png

Godspeed

1 hour ago, Zanieon said:

hqeSYWI.jpg

This is GZDoom if anyone wonders

That looks damn cool. Want

On 5/28/2018 at 8:21 PM, bonnie said:

the blood fall didn't turn out the way i wanted it :/

oh well

tWZYA8h.png

XoM0Jzz.png

Wow, well. I am interested on this :O

Freedoom's graphic replacements can sometimes be a bit weird... (From CREDITS.WAD in Eternal Doom, played with FreeDM.)

doom00.png.9494e77e3c0de9a0552351c4da51d5c7.png

No Stallman, you're not.

Edited by mun

9 hours ago, Lutz said:

Lasers -- lasers mean Science.

reminds me of half life exactly the rooms in which the big laser is located. btw why is the laser beam doing some zick zack? nevertheless, I love the coloring of the room!

On 5/29/2018 at 8:55 PM, Zanieon said:

hqeSYWI.jpg

This is GZDoom if anyone wonders

Cool. Quake 3 textures and a sort of archvile? 

A silly switcheroom map idea i've got in mind to do from quite a lot, since both levels tend to look similar.

Guess the map i recreating!

4slLC9y.png

wA5vM6Q.png

On 5/29/2018 at 5:27 PM, NeedHealth said:

Second area of my orange map.

p24pQPu.png

Orange you gonna finish it? 

People were very upset about Plutonia 3, so I thought I'd share a post from the author on the review page. I think it explains the situation clearly and mentions exciting plans for the future.

p3lol.jpg.60185f51cd515b05a374d343b860dd0f.jpg

@Doomkid Your video still cracks me up.. Can't wait for the special edition review!

Edited by Liberation

17 hours ago, termrork said:

reminds me of half life exactly the rooms in which the big laser is located. btw why is the laser beam doing some zick zack? nevertheless, I love the coloring of the room!

Thanks.  For the record, the laser beam is "animated" (with instant raise/lower floors) such that the zig-zag bounces around a bit.

19 hours ago, termrork said:

btw why is the laser beam doing some zick zack? nevertheless, I love the coloring of the room!

If you want to be pedantic, the laser should be invisible -- you don't see the beam of a laser, as you can test for yourself with a laser pointer. (So it'd have to be some sort of ionized plasma stream or whatever.) But that's boring; "laser" sounds flashy, and flashy demands glowing beams that behave a bit erratically so as to be visually interesting.

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

If you want to be pedantic, the laser should be invisible -- you don't see the beam of a laser, as you can test for yourself with a laser pointer. (So it'd have to be some sort of ionized plasma stream or whatever.) But that's boring; "laser" sounds flashy, and flashy demands glowing beams that behave a bit erratically so as to be visually interesting.

Or you could go the other way and add a bit of fog in the area, since you can see a laser beam as it's scattered by fog and dust.

28 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Or you could go the other way and add a bit of fog in the area, since you can see a laser beam as it's scattered by fog and dust.

exactly, it also depends on the strength of the laser although you usually wear laser goggles. or saying it differently, if you can actually see the laser beam and it is not foggy you should close your eyes and get out of there ;). I have been in such a place before and I thought the guy who is supervising the experiment is crazy. He gave me goggles when I protested. It was a green laser for which our eyes are more sensitive compared to other colors.

Guys, I'm lost. Which way do I go? :P

warpframex.png.115903de7612e35f7993d3bc78e304c4.png
warpframes.png.38dc15ef3137ba4c10900aec414d988e.png

Spoiler

Nevermind having to deal with unclosed sectors, overlapping vertices, unsplit linedefs, zero-length linedefs, linedefs missing one or both sides...