Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

5 hours ago, anotak said:

a little hint at a new DoomBuilder plugin i'm working on

Fractals? Oh god the nodes, they hurt

3 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Seriously, where do the doom lifts get their power from? Some sort of infinite energy generator? Puppies? Small children?

Find out in the next episode of Doom: Hell's Adventures!!!

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

What goes down, must go back up

Screenshot_Doom_20180604_194615.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180604_194726.png

Seriously, where do the doom lifts get their power from? Some sort of infinite energy generator? Puppies? Small children?

I always thought it was bound souls, you know : like sysofus

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Your computer.

Here's an experiment to prove it: while an elevator is down, yank your PC's power cable out. (If it's a laptop, also remove the battery.) You'll notice the elevator isn't moving back up.

14 minutes ago, Gez said:

Your computer.

Here's an experiment to prove it: while an elevator is down, yank your PC's power cable out. (If it's a laptop, also remove the battery.) You'll notice the elevator isn't moving back up.

That's also the same source of power for doors, teleporters, your weapons, and even you and the monsters.

10 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

They have generators powered by waterwheels, obviously. Gotta use those rivers of blood for something.

7 hours ago, Gez said:

Your computer.

Damn it Hell is stealing my power! That's not cheap. I thought my power bill was going up because the kids were leaving the lights on but it's because I'm powering Hell's infernal machinery! 

... I should probably take the kids out of "the hole"

The thing I find most impressive is how well that map looks like it would suit the original music. To me that says you truly captured its atmosphere.

27 minutes ago, Lüt said:

The thing I find most impressive is how well that map looks like it would suit the original music. To me that says you truly captured its atmosphere.

Thanks for the kind words! For me, music is an absolutely integral part of mapping.

See that door? It's a vanilla texture, but something seems off. What's different about it?

Screenshot_Hexen_20180604_214623.png

On 6/4/2018 at 4:28 AM, Bauul said:

@Gutawer, Team Elementalism's scripting guru, has been doing amazing work developing a new lightning based weapon for one of the mapset's upcoming episodes.  It's about finished, so we ran an experiment to see how conductive Imps are:

Screenshot_Doom_20180602_111930.png.11acce752c646c68338d42c4bd7585d5.png

Turns out the answer is very!

Force lightning?

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

The never ending build of UDiNO E2M8 continues... but at least i have now gotten the thing into screenshot fodder condition :D

Sweet pic. So glad we went limit-removing in this project. Nice work with the sky heights.

6 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Force lightning?

Feel the power of the dark side!

An image from HURedux E1M4. Not even close to complete yet, but I wanted to share this.

U2Y7Pp2.jpg

Olive green water and falls courtesy of @Teder.

The falls came out beautifully.

We're going to see this very often in E1 and maybe some in later episodes.

Can I make a small suggestion? Add a vertex in the middle of the center line of that waterfall and make it indent slightly; this will stop it having the 'fake contrast' apply to that one line in the middle. :)

17 hours ago, Lüt said:

I'm guessing you are commenting on the post that came immediately before yours, but I'm not 100% sure since you didn't quote it.

That's generally how it works.

Guess it's a good idea to do in a topic with so many random posts though.

Back to UDoom mapping, and back to return to hadron, this will become map06.

hadrone3m6.png

hadrone3m62.png

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Can I make a small suggestion? Add a vertex in the middle of the center line of that waterfall and make it indent slightly; this will stop it having the 'fake contrast' apply to that one line in the middle. :)

Unless I'm mistaken, the "evenlighting" keyword in ZMAPINFO prevents this from happening in-game, which is enough for me, since I don't care too much how it looks in the editor.

That said, I'm glad you made the suggestion, and I'm always open to more.

The map's coming along semi-quickly (I am a little distracted by Asura's Wrath at the moment), and it seems its first part of three is taking very much after my MAYhem Orange map, which I think is really good.