Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

10 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

GZDoom builder has been acting weird lately... but i can't put my finger on exactly what...

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

Damn T9 always causing problems.

I feel like I'm missing an inside joke here.

So I watched rdwpa's playthrough of Dimension of the Boomed MAP06 and it gave me an idea.

Worked out a little time and I had this:

q790Z1N.png

The Plasma Mastermind. It's so cool!

Urthar had to use DeHackEd for his, but I'm using GZDoom (and I'm also clueless about DHE), so ten minutes and a little DECORATE trickery later, I had created a cool variation of the Mastermind, which, frankly, is my favorite enemy of Doom.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:12 AM, valkiriforce said:

Felt like making some Final Doom gifs (namely for TNT).

Which software did you use to make such quality gifs? I made some gifs from captured videos, but they are crappy ones...

Here's a screenshot of me messing around with Doom 1 texturing themes, for the Standard e2 project. Kinda stole it from TSoZD and @DMPhobos. And yes, it makes no sense.

i88Hjbx.png

@NaZa Not sure if I have asked this before but is that the Cereal Killer palette out of curiosity?

Anyway, after all these years I have only just discovered this secret (E1M5)......

5g2eIm1.png

76t5M49.png

9Q6XkUv.png

[spoiler/]

7 hours ago, Catpho said:

Kinda stole it from TSoZD and @DMPhobos. And yes, it makes no sense.

That's a neat shot, you could adjust the height on both stairs to make it a bit symmetric on both sides, but still not bad

Although I must say i'm curious about where you "stole" this from =P

Just now, DMPhobos said:

That's a neat shot, you could adjust the height on both stairs to make it a bit symmetric on both sides, but still not bad

Although I must say i'm curious about where you "stole" this from =P

Your Interception 2 screenshots look similar iirc. And i should have clarified the "TSoZD".

Hard to steal from something if it's not finished yet. Doesn't mean it can't be done, though.

Also, a suggestion, if I may be so bold as to make one, but the TLITE flats contrast the GREY textures very much. Maybe you could add a small grey border around the light or change the textures to a brown (preferably with a border to ease into the grey instead of sharply contrasting with it there, too). That's what I would do.

Otherwise, looks neat.

@Crunchynut44 Yeah, I think I told you that back when we were discussing the project. I'm not sure, though. Great pallette, the fist is a lil' washed out but excellent nonetheless. 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Urthar had to use DeHackEd for his, but I'm using GZDoom (and I'm also clueless about DHE), so ten minutes and a little DECORATE trickery later, I had created a cool variation of the Mastermind, which, frankly, is my favorite enemy of Doom.

But doing that in dehacked would take all of ten seconds... you literally just have to change the actions on two states.

Just now, bonnie said:

But doing that in dehacked would take all of ten seconds... you literally just have to change the actions on two states.

Decorate doesn't replace existing lumps, pointers and sprites unlike dehacked and dehacked is useless on zdoom related ports and projects besides zdaemon. Let people to have to their way. Sadly, nobody tried to port decorate to boom ports, because I found it very helpful. 

5 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Sadly, nobody tried to port decorate to boom ports, because I found it very helpful. 

That would be really cool to see considering the non intrusive nature of Decorate, I really wish there was a PrBoom fork with basic decorate functions to create new monsters and new weapons as an alternative for DeHacked for new monsters on boom ports

56 minutes ago, bonnie said:

True enough, but I'm in agreement with Myst.Haruko. I can now use the base and this modified variant with impunity, which I think is good because greater enemy variety.

Also, by the time I really wanted to start changing actor behaviors and such, DECORATE was a massive thing in ZDoom, which I always used, so learning it over DeHackEd seemed natural. I've expanded into Boom somwhat, but I prefer to stick to GZDoom (over Zandronum, even) because it has more room for more possibilities. Better to have more room than I need than not enough, I'm thinking.

11 hours ago, NaZa said:

@Crunchynut44 Yeah, I think I told you that back when we were discussing the project. I'm not sure, though. Great pallette, the fist is a lil' washed out but excellent nonetheless. 

Yeah I thought we had talked about it but I couldnt recall haha. As long as someone is getting use out of it, hopefully soon ill kick that project back into gear.

a very wip map screenshot of a vanilla-ish wad i'm working on..

veryWIP.PNG.66302f453bc2fdcbb338f4d440a6298f.PNG

EDIT: Builder screenshot!1610621224_MAP0144at2018_06.0812-56-16.135R3018.jpg.8238d467b47e62caebc61ec8fe760e95.jpg

Edited by pc234

@AconyX Very happy to see jimmytextures gelling well with the other textures you've used there. Very nicely done. :)

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

@AconyX Very happy to see jimmytextures gelling well with the other textures you've used there. Very nicely done. :)

Glad to hear that Jimmy. I wanted to show some love for your lovely textures. They are giving me more new ideas. :)

That is definitely authentic. I really dig the shapes in that layout. Nice stuff!

14 minutes ago, Perro Seco said:

It was made to look like the urban levels of Doom II.

Well, at first glance I actually thought it was one of the original maps, so you're probably doing well :P

Hold on to your seatbelt. This one's gonna be tough...

Screenshot_Doom_20180608_133436.png

I can't tell if those are brains or beautiful jheri curls, heh. Colors look nice too :)