Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 6/8/2018 at 9:50 PM, Perro Seco said:

Looks like shit compared with other screenshots from here, but this is a map I made for a still in progress community wad:

2heiv86.jpg

t6wcbm.png

It was made to look like the urban levels of Doom II. It also was tested with the original game under DOSBox.

So great to see some OG Doom 2 aesthetically made maps & a screenshot in the most vanilla way possible. :)

Some shots from HURedux E1M4.

Xgx8fAV.png

Pqj3OTr.png

d56Q2cW.png

More in the spoiler.

Spoiler

QwiZp0k.png

bkkRNYS.png

7070hIs.png

6n18ilA.png

j22YtWL.png

0ZPMDNl.png

WeDeHUZ.png

pFwFOqd.png

0/10 one of those lights is brighter than the others.

It's not finished yet, obviously, since I haven't placed the monsters yet.

Actually, I still have to construct more of the map, this being part one of two.

I just wanted to share what I've gotten done so far on this one, since I've really been procrastinating on it.

I'll share a builder image when the map's complete, but right now, this thing is about the size of E1M1, which was fairly large, and is running at almost 1,000 sectors, so it might be a while before it's finished.

Minor edit: I know some of the scaled textures are vertically misaligned, but I'm absolutely certain that's GZDoom's fault, not mine, because I'm stuck with 1.8.2 at the moment, and it doesn't seem to register the separate offsets on the same sidedefs the later versions can.

It also doesn't recognize multi-tag sectors, among many other things.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

3 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

So the newest Doom has a few returning enemies.

They seem to have done a brilliant job with the Arch-Vile, he looks amazing.

1 hour ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Can anybody guess which mappers i'm trying to mimic here?

Hall and Romero.

59 minutes ago, NaZa said:

I can very clearly see Romero in there. 

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Hall and Romero.

Ding! Hall, romero and actually Sandy too but you can only tell that if you could see the wall textures!

I spy with my little eye a texturepack named OTEX. @Afterglow would you like to join a discord server with people who're using that somewhat exclusive texturepack? :)

10 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

Wrong forum buddy, try Newfangled Doom / Doom 2016.

6 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Ding! Hall, romero and actually Sandy too but you can only tell that if you could see the wall textures!

So in other words... all of them? For Doom 1 at least...

I've put HURedux on hold. Not indefinitely, just for the next two weeks or so while I build this colossus of a map.

HW1gNg7.png

720xyWh.png

RmiW16Y.png

ZDpBys5.png

What is this map? A secret.

This time I'm using all vanilla resources, though it's still designed for GZDoom.

When it's finished, I'd like some playtesters, but I want to keep the number small (five), so if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Only after a certain date will I publicly release this.

I'll keep you posted on its progress, though.

Also, a tweet for those interested in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

Doom Eternal With New Chaingunner Design - Copy.jpg

I was really pleased when saw arachnotron and arch-vile back in action. I hope they will stay in game until relleased.

DOOM02.png.ca22efade2f3ad79eb771a2d2f29eaa6.png

DOOM05.png.91156b107e05adfac702783edfbe08c3.png

DOOM06.png.895c5c89535a97b2119ad9cc51b34c08.png

I'm just as confused as you are. (From here)

To quote from the wad's text file:

An infernal map with some futurist decoration... I tried to make it with "own personality", working hard with the scenery (light effects, detail, textures...) 

It's good for me, but the amount of worshiping found in a wad is unprecedented. (Unless @Eye del Cul explains it.)

Edited by mun

On 6/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, Afterglow said:

jqALywll.png

At first I thought I'm looking at the Doom Builder 1 "missing texture" placeholder.

36 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

@Aquila Chrysaetos I didn't expect that you will use that moon sky :""""")

It's so pretty, I love it! Thank you for leading me to it.

I'm hoping those Hell areas look okay. I'm good at detailing tech and urban areas and I'm okay with outdoor areas, but these are my first Hell areas in a really long time.

7 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

It's so pretty, I love it! Thank you for leading me to it.

I'm hoping those Hell areas look okay. I'm good at detailing tech and urban areas and I'm okay with outdoor areas, but these are my first Hell areas in a really long time.

No problem. I guess there will be two different projects with same moon skybox, unless I'll change my mind and return to purple(blue) sky from mechadon skybox pack. 

Fill it monsters, ammo, health and it will look better. 

It's not really intended to be a major project (though, I guess it kind of will be, depending on how it goes over) like HURedux is, so I don't think it would be much of a problem for us to be sharing a sky, especially one that cool.

I'll post some images after I've got the things placed, but that will be a while, since I do that after I finish actually constructing the map. Hopefully it won't be too long, though, because I'm on a bit of a time crunch here. My aim is to get it ready to be tested by the 24th at the latest and ready and polished by the 28th and no later.