• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

6 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

images

That's sooooooo Quake 2-ish

After completely losing inspiration to map among tough times, it's at least nice to be able to make a few rooms nowadays, but of course mapper's block sets back in and all incentive to continue is lost. Anyone run into the same problem? How do you get around this?

image.png.3dc31dbec92ac5f7db2372cde93d8b87.png

37 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

After completely losing inspiration to map among tough times, it's at least nice to be able to make a few rooms nowadays, but of course mapper's block sets back in and all incentive to continue is lost. Anyone run into the same problem? How do you get around this?

"pic"

Haha, you are definitely not alone. Perhaps this guide could help you? Never tried it myself because its mostly reserved for people who have already tinkered with the editor for a while:

On 6/13/2018 at 5:11 PM, ChaingunnerX said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180614_020901.png.9e5c360ea224e37a5ff201c0ff5eecec.png

I really love this skybox it is very beautiful. Is it your own skybox or did you download it from somewhere. I am sure others would love to use it.

1 minute ago, Eris Falling said:

this sure is a corridor

Screenshot_Doom_20180615_222833.png

That floor's a little boring, I think it could use a little extra color and a tad of height variation.

Just me, though. Everything else looks good.

4 hours ago, riderr3 said:

CHhJG4fWcAAK_el.jpg:large

Real cherry picked collage on the right, Doom '16 has a far more diverse palette.

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Real cherry picked collage on the right, Doom '16 has a far more diverse palette.

This image was created in 2015 based on that year's E3 trailer for the game, essentially the first and only actual gameplay media available at the time.

Looking at it again, the collage seems pretty fair and even generous to me. There's actually some yellow in addition to the orange and teal.

It should be noted that this was the time of brown Cacodemons, gray Imps, and off-white Barons. The game was gearing up to look like this. "Orange and teal" is an understatement. id Software wisely changed the game's general art direction pretty heavily after this point in response to the negative reception. There was even a discussion on this matter on this very forum. Here's an old post I found on the subject from some guy complaining about Doom 2016's lack of diverse color palette.

Edited by Revenant100

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

it was meant to be something quite simple but it turned into something I've been working on sine February!

This work required February's evil trigonometric twin, Sine February! Watch out for Cosine February and their brother Tangent February, they don't like their Sine brother being used.

Anyway, those chains are my favorite part. Are they 3D Floors or models? If they're floors, then I applaud you.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

I can answer that one for you Aquila. For the sake of framerate and mapper's sanity, they're models. :)

On the DWMP thread I announced I'm no longer taking part. I retextured / slightly reworked the map so that it's part of my boom megawad instead. Here's how it looks now! :)

"pic"

No like, only quote because this looks good but not in the promised stock texture aesthetic >:(