Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

3 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Actually managed to achieve something today

Keep those achievements coming, Bridge!

9 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

I have no idea what I am doing with my life.

That's exactly what I feel like every time i play Monopoly.

...actually, it's more like fighting 20,000 zombiemen with a chaingun, and then when my health gets below 50, an ACS script freezes me in place and I set there and wait for two more hours while the zombiemen try to hit me and plink down my health to nothing.

... or when you're playing monopoly and ask your friend "why are we using real money ? " just as the police bursts in and takes you straight to jail.

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I retextured / slightly reworked the map so that it's part of my boom megawad instead. Here's how it looks now! :)

Looking good DF! I look forward to dying 800 times trying to make it through this re-worked version too!

Found this pic of an old, failed zdoom wad I was making a few years back while cleaning through my computer's screenshot folder. Funnily enough iirc the fog is the only thing that requires zdoom here.

ROT9NVb.png

4 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I have no idea what I am doing with my life.

d02f759fe85e982f915e6343d722a269.gif

Bah, why couldn't you have put a bunch of Cyberdemons on a Pandemic board? Much better game. /s

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

More shots from AC-Special. We're getting closer.

Reminds me of the giant-ass maps I'd see back in the early-mid 00's. Can't wait to play it!

3 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

For those who care (nobody), a tweet spoilered.

Go follow a bunch of relevant people. You're tweeting to an empty audience currently, yet it would be cool to see you build up your profile / following! I've just started following. :)

16 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

More shots from AC-Special. We're getting closer.

I guess I'm going to be called an asshole again, but I'm starting to wonder if you're showing a bit too much, just like movie trailers often do. You post so many screenshots, often even multiple ones of the same location. Is there anything left for us to discover in your map?

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

I guess I'm going to be called an asshole again, but I'm starting to wonder if you're showing a bit too much, just like movie trailers often do. You post so many screenshots, often even multiple ones of the same location. Is there anything left for us to discover in your map?

You're probably right. However, I'm only showing the rooms in the order I build them, not in the order they'll actually be played, which I haven't completely decided yet. You're not being an asshole, it's a legitimate question. There will ultimately be areas that I won't post shots of outside of these rooms, so there will be something left over, but since there won't be very much aside from what I'm showing here, you're right to think there won't be much left you haven't already seen.

4 hours ago, mun said:

What's that?

Coloured fog sectors. From a udmf community project map I working...

I've screwed something up somewhere.

3X28Cwc.png

There's a large gap in the node viewer that corresponds to this area, though that doesn't say much when the node viewer only really shows the tech rooms.

What's surprising is despite most of the map appears to be a giant node gap (which, obviously, is bad) in the viewer, this and the one behind that near left column are the only actual gaps I've found in these rooms in-game.

Suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. I had an idea I thought was stupid and would never work, but it did.

All I did was construct two extra sectors surrounding these gaps and the node builder caught them.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

The gameplay.

19 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

The gameplay.

Haha, true, but i think Memfis just wants to discover the cool visual parts himself. After all, visuals play a big part in a map's memorability. They will have more impact if you didn't already see them before hand (Insert me taking pics in DWMC heh, but i deliberately leave some "wow" areas behind).

On 6/16/2018 at 7:02 PM, Dragonfly said:

To hell with stock textures! :P

The 7 people (and counting???) who liked this are heretics.

2 minutes ago, Catpho said:

The 7 people (and counting???) who liked this are heretics.

Then burn me at the stake!

Memfis did have a point (as I noted in my reply to him), so I will be keeping some areas out of these shots. In fact, there will only be two more posts (assuming no more problems crop up) of images, and one of those will be a feedback request over a showcase like these.

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Then burn me at the stake!

Oh no, something much worse awaits for scums like you...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStVahk5To9lhC2UQTWVz2

(Search the film if you don't know what im talking about)

(End of random post, back to your regularly scheduled picture thread)

(Sort of NSFW, so I put it under the spoiler tag.)

Glad to know that the early-2000s era of the Doom community had such *ahem* colorful humor...

Spoiler

DOOM00.png.655d2b1b280abf2461c212afc06d28c2.png

Also, this somehow became a trilogy.

Had an idea that came from a bad dream. Ironically, seemed like it'd be pretty cool.

VtK5dhR.png

What awaits us in the darkness, everybody? Nothing, for now.

Calling this AC-Tunnel for now, and now that I've got the first room and hall constructed, I'm going back to the special.

This will take place almost entirely in corridors, warning you all ahead of time.

I'm not scrapping HUR, just setting it aside for now. I'll post the last shots of Special later today or tomorrow, then I'll finish that up and get it ready for playtesting.

I'll work on this and HUR in tandem after that.

2 hours ago, mgr_inz_rafal said:

StormCatcher.77, Bauul, Bridgeburner56 and Dragonfly,

You simply make me feel like I shouldn't map anymore :)

FYI, I'm liking your post for the compliment, not to say that you should stop mapping. Never stop mapping! ;p