Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

9 hours ago, Gez said:

No perspective issue? They kind of look like they're meant to be seen from above.

I wonder if sprites from Ultima Underworld 1/2 wouldn't work better.

Some of the sprites looked off (it is an isometric game) but I thought this one looked good. I'll check those, maybe there's more fitting stuff.

1 hour ago, NeptunesTyrant said:

I made a thing...

Screenshot_Doom_20180624_005816.png.02d42783cab5efaab5ad930b8d1afba5.png

Nice work! And I really love Dem Skies, especially the green one I quoted. Where did you get them?

After watching Dragonfly, Jimmy, AD-79, MTrop, and their guest mappers speed map for 16 hours, one would probably be tired of mapping, right?

Not me. I had the great idea of doing my own mapping despite how tired I am because I'm an idiot.

lxRs2wL.png

A shot from HURedux E1M4. The beginning of part 2 of 2 of this map.

I want to hurry and wrap this one up so I can get started on E1M5, but I don't want to rush, either.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:02 PM, NeptunesTyrant said:

I made a thing...Screenshot_Doom_20180624_005725.png.e709fa7e479ac8ff05cdc796a17212aa.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180624_005816.png.02d42783cab5efaab5ad930b8d1afba5.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180624_005900.png.b75dd6a92066ca7b70c8e732e52b6a2c.png

Looks awesome. Although it appears Corvus's face is poking out of the HUD on the left side.

2 hours ago, Rayziik said:

Surprise, I'm not dead:

I was wondering what happened to you! You were like 2-5 maps away from being done with a megawad and then you vanished haha. Keep at it!

On 6/24/2018 at 2:32 AM, Myst.Haruko said:

I've never released this map, I don't know if I ever will, but screenshots still makes me happy.

Looks awesome, i would love to take a look.

7 hours ago, Rayziik said:

Surprise, I'm not dead:

WlG54xMl.png

(image linked as usual, map is heavy WIP)

For something that's still very much WIP looks awesome.

9 hours ago, Marlamir said:

Looks awesome, i would love to take a look.

If you want, I can send it over pm or discord, I'm planning to redo this for my personal project and make less space consuming. 

30 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Crazy curves! I guess this is what staying up late does for you.

image.png.5646539ced3a3a87ea1954ecc31ac219.png

Always love some fun angles... judging by the shaping, consistency, and size of certain things in relation to the grid, was that drawn orthogonally and rotated?

45 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Always love some fun angles... judging by the shaping, consistency, and size of certain things in relation to the grid, was that drawn orthogonally and rotated?

yep! it's just so the automap looks cooler. flats are gonna be a little tough but as long as I don't use any dead giveaways it should work out.

If you use UDMF (maybe requiring the ZDoom extensions), you can rotate the flats to fit the rotated map.

Your collision boxes are going to be affected by rotating the map, I'd personally not bother rotating an entire map like that, and only build areas at odd angles naturally because the whole map is going to be slightly harder to move in as a result.