Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Scene 1:

11 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Other Image, this time, the doomguy face against the Guardian, the protector of brigde of the castle of Hectic

Doomguy Fight The Guardian.jpg

Scene 2:

DoomGuy: You talk too much.

Scene 3:

DoomGuy is on his way into the Castle and the Guardian is dead behind him.

9 hours ago, AustroDoomer said:

This is out of a megawad called CLOOM.WAD - map is E2M7 "THE LAVA HALL".

Its an older megawad in vanilla format from about the year 2000.

9 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

I kind of like it. Gives off an old school Inferno style that I really like.

@AustroDoomer

Have you considered mapping for the Infernew project? You can clearly map within vanilla constraints and you have a feel for the Inferno-type look.

8 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Say hello to Spider Boss in her office

Spider boss Y Oficina.png

Is that a giant click wheel?

Watch the texture alignments, though. You have some screens that get oddly cut off.

9 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Scene 1:

Scene 2:

DoomGuy: You talk too much.

Scene 3:

DoomGuy is on his way into the Castle and the Guardian is dead behind him.

The Guardian is a very hard demon, you need so many tries so defeat him

5 hours ago, Gez said:

Is that a giant click wheel?

Watch the texture alignments, though. You have some screens that get oddly cut off.

ups, my error

I've made a new font, a new mugshot, and some sprites too! Plus I've finally made some progress with the Dehacked.

screenshot.png

21 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Other Image, this time, the doomguy face against the Guardian, the protector of brigde of the castle of Hectic

Doomguy Fight The Guardian.jpg

The spear looks like a stretched out cursor drawn on top of the image of the guardian. If you get rid of the white outline and have the hand of the guardian appear over the spear, it will look more like a real spear that he is holding. Also, make the spear medium to dark gray, rather than black, so it looks like it is made of metal, or light gray if you want a shiny metal.

If you want it to glow, make the glow some other color than white, maybe a fiery color like red, orange, or yellow. Instead of exactly following the shape of the spear, which makes it look like an outline, make it look like a sphere around the spear head. Making the shaft glow too is up to you.

Everyone else, if you have better ideas than mine, please chime in. Maybe we can help Gaia74 make a sprite that he can be really proud of.

11 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@AustroDoomer

Have you considered mapping for the Infernew project? You can clearly map within vanilla constraints and you have a feel for the Inferno-type look.

Oh I singed up a couple days ago.

2 hours ago, Empyre said:

The spear looks like a stretched out cursor drawn on top of the image of the guardian. If you get rid of the white outline and have the hand of the guardian appear over the spear, it will look more like a real spear that he is holding. Also, make the spear medium to dark gray, rather than black, so it looks like it is made of metal, or light gray if you want a shiny metal.

If you want it to glow, make the glow some other color than white, maybe a fiery color like red, orange, or yellow. Instead of exactly following the shape of the spear, which makes it look like an outline, make it look like a sphere around the spear head. Making the shaft glow too is up to you.

Everyone else, if you have better ideas than mine, please chime in. Maybe we can help Gaia74 make a sprite that he can be really proud of.

Thank you for your advice, I'll keep it in mind

sorry, but I'm a beginner in terms of the sprites, :P, but I have been learning making these images

@Dragonfly

image.png.d4a9304b75b3896ed964d57e7a99e1b4.png

Is this a misaligned texture I see?  

I count that as one free pass on any misalignment you find in my maps! :P

There's a huge amount of misalignments, but thanks for flagging it up! I'm going to do an alignment pass once the sector work is final, as it keeps getting screwed over as I map more, haha.

The lord of fire and tecnology Kaiser and her soldiers :P (in my history of course xD)

Kaiser y sus soldados v2.jpg

In my reworking of E1M9, I thought about how I wanted to interpret the jumping puzzle near the end where weapons and ammo are atop platforms. I came up with this vertical chamber where you have to jump from a high to medium and finally low-positioned room to get to the ammo/weapons.

Screenshot_Doom_20180705_191119.png

I can't believe that this map was my first speedmap ever. I did lots of things here, which I wouldn't do for now. 

YxUelXw.png
SXLTUxO.png

@A.Gamma Looks very, very good! Sorry if you already mentioned it somewhere and I just missed it, but is this supposed to be a single level map, once it finished, an episode length or a megawad?

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@A.Gamma Looks very, very good! Sorry if you already mentioned it somewhere and I just missed it, but is this supposed to be a single level map, once it finished, an episode length or a megawad?

I wanted it to make it a single map, taking place in a forest, but I'm beginning to feel that the framerate will most likely slow down to a crawl, so I'll make it a short episode.

@Gaia74, clever on you for exploiting a texture error (the black pixels in MIDSPACE3 which would normally transparent as a midtexture).

26 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

@Gaia74, clever on you for exploiting a texture error (the black pixels in MIDSPACE3 which would normally transparent as a midtexture).

yes 7u7

An older speedmap I've made, Beginning. Might be an opener of something - it's really difficult to beat though (maxable in 1 minute, 28 monsters, 1024x really), will probably have to nerf it.

Screenshot_Doom_20180706_163726.png.8e24b9ece783ff926412e983719268c0.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180706_163743.png.a6385d25789864dad2a50febc077a509.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180706_163749.png.f019864841a5268730c56fb76634ca60.png

Yes. That's the whole map in those three screenshots.

11 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

This is looking absolutely fantastic, @A.Gamma. Look forward to it's eventual release. :)

Thanks! It means a lot considering it was some of the screenshots you posted that encouraged me to try my hand with portals. I hope to finish the project before the year is over.

Oh wow! I'm ever so happy to have helped influence this. :D

keep chipping away at it. What you've built thus far has a fantastic sense of place to it, which makes it very interesting and impressive.  :)