Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 7/5/2018 at 7:39 AM, Pegleg said:

@AustroDoomer

Have you considered mapping for the Infernew project? You can clearly map within vanilla constraints and you have a feel for the Inferno-type look. 

Sorry for the late answer.No, i did not, but this map is already in my 4 episodes megawad for ultimate doom.

If I have time I will try to post here some maps from this wad in the forum.

25 minutes ago, pc234 said:

I'm sure this isn't going to confuse anybody.

etrn00.png.1706f040bb7d91dc8534954e9a706ebe.png

I want fix this map so badly :""")

5 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

Question is, how am I suppose to grab a book from the ceiling mounted shelves?

Ride on the back of a cacodemon up there.

6 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Ride on the back of a cacodemon up there.

Or lost souls could grab some books & bring them to ya.

Edited by The_SloVinator

9 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Getting there...
TpvH8WQ.png

sFdBAfW.png

p2pZgbK.png

PWprdrB.png

I'm getting a real Duke Nukem vibe (in a good way) from this one. Nice work!

14 hours ago, Forli said:

Library

This is the kind of mapping that I just absolutely adore. Giant, macro architecture combined with simple, bold texture choices. Absolutely great job, I think it looks incredible!

10 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Getting there...
TpvH8WQ.png

sFdBAfW.png

p2pZgbK.png

PWprdrB.png

I don't know if it is just me, but it gives me some strong Valiant/Lunatic vibes. Which isn't a bad thing to begin with :)

I've always wanted to make a big library too but I never quite figured out how to make it look varied enough. Just spamming that same bookshelf everywhere never felt satisfying. There are some edits of that texture which can help a little but even with them it's hard to get rid of that fake gamey appearance. My conclusion was that it's better to keep libraries small.

2 hours ago, schwerpunk said:

I'm getting a real Duke Nukem vibe (in a good way) from this one. Nice work!

47 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I don't know if it is just me, but it gives me some strong Valiant/Lunatic vibes. Which isn't a bad thing to begin with :)

Thank's :)

I did looked at duke episode 2 as a reference for the moon base look

1.png.18120f232e8fdd3f267dd46f445104a8.png

I managed to render my "fist" attack for my upcoming 3D TMoD project but for what ever reason I had to turn the model upside-down as when exporting from the original direction it rendered the model backwards so it looked like Dynamite's right arm when Dynamite is meant to be left-handed. .-.

2.png.276c5f8a744ed8e6d49c091a671bfecc.png

First ranged weapon is going well.... despite this weird clipping error. Hopefully I can update this post soon with the rest of the armoury! ;)

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

I've always wanted to make a big library too but I never quite figured out how to make it look varied enough. Just spamming that same bookshelf everywhere never felt satisfying. There are some edits of that texture which can help a little but even with them it's hard to get rid of that fake gamey appearance. My conclusion was that it's better to keep libraries small.

Well a library with architecture like that comes off more as otherworldy than "gamey". It's not trying to replicate a real library. Which would probably come off as more gamey due to the limitations of the engine & textures.

Definitely inspired by the architectural style of The Parthenon, but certainly my own take on it using custom textures I put together using Ukiro's OTEX as the basis for them. :) My version is without a doubt a looot smaller. There will probably be a few of these copied about in the map. Perhaps four or so? I've not really thought too far ahead about the layout of the map yet.

The solid black used to mask that the Doom engine doesn't do slopes always bug me when the material isn't in a very dark area or made from a dark material to begin with. Would it work with a solid beige color instead to fit more seamlessly with the stone?