• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

9 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

It's been a while since I've shared some work:

more pics than my anxiety can handle

so, what is what you're working on, if you don't mind my anxiety question?

9 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Also doing what Ribbiks does and sticking self-referencing sectors everywhere to make the floors less bumpy where there's detail on the floor.

It may not be the best place to ask this, but what the hell are self-referencing sectors? How are they supposed to help make the floor less bumpy?

6 hours ago, KVELLER said:

It may not be the best place to ask this, but what the hell are self-referencing sectors? How are they supposed to help make the floor less bumpy?

This should cover it.

Achievements? In my FCT Shop?!

I take 'em, thank you!

Coop-20180709-230041.png

Also, new features incoming! New version up by the of the week!

Coop-20180710-232458.png

More soon. :)

gMeqal5.png

This supposed to be creepy, but it looks way too cute for me. 
And I'm almost done with hell to pay megawad. 

Trying to make this area look under construction, but I feel like it might be missing something. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_Doom_20180711_105112.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180711_105138.png

Hmmm... I'm no expert, but I think you're missing these:

hqdefault.jpg

54376-2.jpg?1516950511

Safety-Hats.jpg

MKuf1ik.gif

47 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Trying to make this area look under construction, but I feel like it might be missing something. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_Doom_20180711_105112.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180711_105138.png

Include materials that could be perceived as a segment of whats's being built, with a matching space to where it could go. You could remove a section of the concrete, place it on the ground and have rebar fixed within both parts at the top. You can also do similar with the metal panels at 32 x 64 chunks. The floor could have a section missing with foundation material, concrete or sand, lowered a few units in place, with some floor panels stacked around

Edited by Pinchy : floor

While you're not entirely wrong about it being quite unusual, I find it quirky and appealing in it's own way. Did Doom have english sector text? No. Do pwads do it anyway? Yes.

Aside from a bland "?" with arrows, what other 'elegant' ways could there be? :)

Debatably doesn't count imo :P

1) It's a secret
2) It's a logo
3) It's an abbreviation, as opposed to actual words advising the player to consider their actions.

I can see this working here. Presumably, it's for vanilla Heretic with no new textures or flats, so his options are quite limited. Also, using text for sectors can create a massive visplane issue unless it's used in a small space like it's done here. As for the text itself, I think what Memphis sees as odd is the 'r' and 'A'. Considering the font he's trying to use here (sort of looks like a digital readout actually, nothing wrong with that given the space he's working with), the capital R and capital A would look so much alike that he has to use a lower case r. Or he could just cut out the "YOUr FATE" altogether, which would probably look better, and it would still get the message across.

6 hours ago, Memfis said:

Hmm, there is something weird about that English text. Did Heretic or Hexen feature any writings in English? If not, it would be cool if you managed to convey the idea in a more elegant manner.

Hexen has roman numerals, does that count?

14 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

taking shape....slowly...

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.d6dcf78aa512774511da1deefc5e6d38.gif

Looks awesome Leo!  Is the sky rotating like that some kind of sky-related GLDefs command, or is there more complex wizardry going on?

8 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Looks awesome Leo!  Is the sky rotating like that some kind of sky-related GLDefs command, or is there more complex wizardry going on?

In mapinfo, I did this (the sky is a skybox which you can define it in GLDEFS)

sky1= "name of sky", 0.1 (horizontal speed of sky)

skyrotate= 0.1, 0.4, 0.2 (sky rotates by using X, Y and Z axis)