Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, A.Gamma said:

Still working on my Heretic map, however I think the docks area could use something more to liven it up a bit, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

It could use a few torches or lanterns or some other lighting.

2 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

A room I'm working on for the Infernew Project. Aligning the textures on those pillars has proven to be less than easy.

morte temple.jpg

One trick is to manipulate the vertices until the overall perimeter of the pillar is a multiple of the width of the texture.

3 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

A room I'm working on for the Infernew Project. Aligning the textures on those pillars has proven to be less than easy.

Hey, this looks like a room in the spirit world (d2 map 28). Nice 

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

A productive week for sure! I started this map 6-7 days ago.

I took you a week to create all of that? I'm lucky if I can make two rooms in that time, fucking hell. Also, doesn't your imagination ever run out or something?

Seeing all of you guys' work is really inspiring. Instead of getting disheartened, I look up and try to work harder to get to that level (well, maybe not the same level, else it'll take me two eternities to finish anything, heh).

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I took you a week to create all of that? I'm lucky if I can make two rooms in that time, fucking hell. Also, doesn't your imagination ever run out or something?

Took me over twelve years of frequent mapping to reach this pace! I do have moments of uninspiration, though I'm currently sitting in a fortunate position of having a new texture pack to use, which offers enough thematic inspiration that I can "just get on with it". :)

So uh...

How the hell you reach the damn exit? Think it's been over an hour and I still can't figure it out.

dfhdf.png

It happens when you think "would be nice to replace BFG with something else!"... a nd you've accidentally made your own Soul Cube, and found that just recently.

aTDqek2.png

why aren't there switches on the shotgun shells and the medikit and the zombie?

Love those floating candles:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180714_212821.png.099131cbc617fff2d2e9f661d034f704.png

(Doom 64 for Doom II, MAP08)

I find these really amusing (not to mention clever!):

Spoiler

gzdoom-1.gif.73dd751882f83054cff02755bc7e4dd9.gif

gzdoom-2.gif.07fbb2dce38ba1305f0300bb45983786.gif

gzdoom-3.gif.686dec43e5f0fdd33b36aec269fbf920.gif

(Same WAD as above, MAP09)

On 7/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Solaris MAP01 "Canis Major" is complete.

Have an automap view.

w8uAXPQ.jpg

Kudos man that must have been a pain in the ass to texture

@th3_Dru1d No, it was actually quite easy. Really the most difficult part was testing the map.

Applying textures to large irregular walls was quick with visual mode, and aligning them even faster.

It was the architecture and everything that took the longest.

Here's some old screenshots of the first version of my techbase level I did long ago before deciding to make a new version of it. It IS done, I just haven't relased it being I felt it wasn't up to par. Its gonna sit in limbo until I feel comfortable and give it a shot and upload it. (funfact: its also my first full level I made) 

Screenshot_Doom_20180126_123604-1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180126_123610-1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180126_123628-1.png

10 hours ago, Agent6 said:

So uh...

How the hell you reach the damn exit? Think it's been over an hour and I still can't figure it out.

dfhdf.png

Any help? Still need it :(