Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

5 hours ago, Ichor said:

I used the invisible actor with a DamageFactor of 0 except for whatever I want to use to destroy the wall (in this case, it was those Heretic pods). In this case here, you could change the damage type the rocket would do, so you could use rockets to blow up the wall, but nothing else would work, even revenant rockets (unless you change their damage type too).

Only thing that comes to mind here is it potentially ruins mod compatability; though I'm often quite public about how I couldn't care if your balance-breaking weapons mod doesn't work with my maps so, it would be contradictory of me to say "ALWAYS SUPPORT MODS", heh.

How did you make them? The easiest way I can see is by using invisible dummy items with the VULNERABLE flag (but not SHOOTABLE) so that they can be killed by explosions, which trigger the wall destruction script upon death.

I used the invisible actor with a DamageFactor of 0 except for whatever I want to use to destroy the wall (in this case, it was those Heretic pods). In this case here, you could change the damage type the rocket would do, so you could use rockets to blow up the wall, but nothing else would work, even revenant rockets (unless you change their damage type too).

@Gez I made them just like that. They're a dummy actor that uses the crack textures from Shadow Warrior as a WALLSPRITE. And just like @Ichor said, the actor is only vulnerable to a custom damage type that I gave to all explosives in the game.

As for the walls blowing up like they were full of pyrotechnics... Well they're fun that way and look and sound cool in-game so you could say that was my intention. I'm gonna add some rubble tho, just so that it looks better.

Only thing that comes to mind here is it potentially ruins mod compatability; though I'm often quite public about how I couldn't care if your balance-breaking weapons mod doesn't work with my maps so, it would be contradictory of me to say "ALWAYS SUPPORT MODS", heh.

@Dragonfly Yeah, it breaks compatibility with weapon mods, and while I generally like weapon mods, I say that if someone really wants to play a mapset with an incompatible weapon mod, let them make a compatibility patch themselves.

Technically possible with shaders, but the GZDoom developers prefer not to put it in because it'd introduce inconsistencies between paletted and truecolor images.

cF7I0A4.png

Wip map I'm working on. Anyone else who's a fan of little arenas like this?

More pics.

4zQe6Tj.png

4Xn6z2N.png

Wonder if anyone can tell what wad(s) I'm using as inspiration for this map.

825JWpF.png

8 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Now I want to show off this map that's totally mine and totally a work in progress.

nMiewmj.png

Some advice, ask yourself whether what you've made would fly in an official product; won't those bars retract into nothing when they open? Sorry to be harsh but that's stupid and you should fix it tbh.

8 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Some advice, ask yourself whether what you've made would fly in an official product; won't those bars retract into nothing when they open? Sorry to be harsh but that's stupid and you should fix it tbh.

Um, I could be wrong as I'm not super familiar with Plutonia but isn't that the actual map22 from Plutonia: Impossible Mission? Certainly looks like it. I think Aquila was being cheeky

3 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Um, I could be wrong as I'm not super familiar with Plutonia but isn't that the actual map22 from Plutonia: Impossible Mission? Certainly looks like it. I think Aquila was being cheeky

@Eris Falling Or have I just missed the joke subtly hidden in your comment :P

If I have then well played sir

<3

Spoiler

That was the reason for the official product line. Also I wouldn't be that rude in a serious post :)

21 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

<3

Reveal hidden contents

That was the reason for the official product line. Also I wouldn't be that rude in a serious post :)

Spoiler

I"ll admit it did seem out of character. Nicely done

11 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Now I want to show off this map that's totally mine and totally a work in progress.

BZLtFuk.png

nMiewmj.png

hmgzkoV.png

j6BH1Bn.png

Vanilla-compat, takes slot 22. I think I'll call it Impossible Mission.

Funny, you can activate the switch behind the yellow barrier with some luck and some Spacebar spamming :v .

On 8/15/2018 at 8:22 AM, Honey16 said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180815_171638.jpg.885771ccdf364467ab7c846cd0db1ae3.jpg

I'm really digging your hi-res reworks (they're among the few hi-res packs that still capture the spirit of the original IMO) but that marbface on the back of the plasma rifle looks pretty goofy to me I'm afraid!

On 8/16/2018 at 1:08 AM, AsianMammoth said:

cF7I0A4.png

I'd shift the height of the window back there if I were you, so that it aligns with the bricks. With textures like GSTONE it tends to be more hassle than it's worth (especially in a basic vanilla style map), but it should be much less of an issue here and it'd make it look much better.

10 hours ago, Bauul said:

I'm really digging your hi-res reworks (they're among the few hi-res packs that still capture the spirit of the original IMO) but that marbface on the back of the plasma rifle looks pretty goofy to me I'm afraid!

Don't worry. Face on plasma rifle was only for fun. I was curious DW reaction on that work.

Edited by Teder

I like what happened with the levels in D64 for Doom II in general, quite a few liberties have been taken here and there though:

Spoiler

doom00.png

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom03.png

2 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I like what happened with the levels in D64 for Doom II in general, quite a few liberties have been taken here and there though:

That's because it's vanilla compatible. If it had been done in GZDoom, a version superior to actual Doom 64 could've readily been done.

That said, I like Doom 64 for Doom II better than Doom 64, regardless, because what was done in it is rather impressive.

5 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

That's because it's vanilla compatible. If it had been done in GZDoom, a version superior to actual Doom 64 could've readily been done.

That said, I like Doom 64 for Doom II better than Doom 64, regardless, because what was done in it is rather impressive.

Don't know what would've been the point of recreating the game as a GZDoom exclusive. Would've better to just stick to EX in that case, I think.

I enjoy it for what it is, but it's never going to replace the original for me. Doom 64 forever.