Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, elend said:

Ohhh... okay. Clever, actually. So I need custom textures?

Not necessarily. SHAWN2 works really well as a glass texture, for instance.

5 hours ago, elend said:

Ohhh... okay. Clever, actually. So I need custom textures? Well then... maybe in my next Wad. Thanks a lot, guys!

There's a bunch of coloured gradated light textures that I think I got from gothictx,. I'll check when I get home but as @Dragonfly the way you use them is as a midtex and then use the translucent line tag to make them see through. I normally set the opacity to 10 or 20 depending on how close the player can get to them. You don't want to use them for every light but they add a nice bit of flavour to the map

They definitely do, I love them actually. I will finish my first map soon, but only with stock textures. I will try adding textures with my next wad then.

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

Another DoomCon is starting tomorrow in St. Petersburg. I think these are the prizes:

"pic"

I love me some caco trophies. How do you get these prizes?

You can still buy the prizes with the 100$ you won recently.

22 minutes ago, Teder said:

@Aquila Chrysaetos no matter now, cause the project is dead since 10 years :)

Another abadoned project:

Screenshot_Doom_20110920_212258.jpg

Birds are pretty easy animated model.

Cool.

What about the foliage? Models, sprites or midtex? Where are they from?

@Jaska trees are ripped from first Stalker and than I rebuild them to gzdoom, foliage are all mine (but I used Stalker textures. I made almost hundred bushes, weeds, grass with wind like animation), rest of models made by me. All textures ripped from Stalker. Project was so huge that my old radeon 9600 can't handle it, so I abadoned it. Even on nvidia gt 9600 were problems.

Screenshot_Doom_20111004_092536.jpg.76fd99e99d644833ac0a8e71fd16eece.jpg

EDIT: oh and the problem was that I couldn't see how models looks like in editor (there wasn't gzdoom builder yet).

EDIT2: ha, I've made just screenshots, and even on my modern gtx can't handle 60 fps :D

This version is even with script which disable models in distance.

Watch fps in the corner.

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190226.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190310.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190318.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190347.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190415.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_190422.jpg

EDIT3: Those fake shadows under trees are animated too.

EDIT4: I should make a video for this :/

Edited by Teder

The sky has changed back to default i those shots, which really degrades the overall quality of the shots.

Also consider reducing your resolution to something like 1280x720, this will help a lot with the frame rate issue you're having. 

15 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

The sky has changed back to default i those shots, which really degrades the overall quality of the shots.

Also consider reducing your resolution to something like 1280x720, this will help a lot with the frame rate issue you're having. 

I know, I can't find pk3 with that skybox. Resolution no matter, in 4k same fps score. I spent really really much time on it in the past, now I'm out with it.

EDIT: problem is that I used to create separates pk3 for models, for textures, for sfx, map etc. Now I know, that was bad idea.

Edited by Teder

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Well, Hectic Have A Larger Decorate

Did you put all your DECORATE code in just one lump? You should separate that into smaller lumps, like one for each monster, or whatever makes sense to you, and #Include them at the top of the DECORATE lump. Splitting the code up will take some work, but after that, it will be much easier to find the code for a monster you want to edit. If you used ACS and have a lot of code there, you can split that up, too.

Also, making it a PK3 instead of a WAD will make the file a lot smaller, with all your graphics ans sounds compressed. Here is how to do it:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement

7 hours ago, Teder said:

Double post :/ 

Here come another abadoned project from almost 10 years old folder from dvd. Project Andromeda - based on DOOM 3 alpha. Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_170807.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_170826.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20180824_170855.jpg

I really like the look of those!  I have to ask though, do you recall where all the cool hanging wire midtextures are from?  I'd love to include them in a map I'm working on (full credit to you if they're yours, of course).

I also enjoy those hanging wires in the map @Teder posted. I am missing something like this in the stock doom textures. Also some chains for hell maybe. What is hell without chains?!

@AconyX That looks marvellous! Really love the architecture and attention to lighting. Very well done.

2 hours ago, Empyre said:

Did you put all your DECORATE code in just one lump? You should separate that into smaller lumps, like one for each monster, or whatever makes sense to you, and #Include them at the top of the DECORATE lump. Splitting the code up will take some work, but after that, it will be much easier to find the code for a monster you want to edit. If you used ACS and have a lot of code there, you can split that up, too.

Also, making it a PK3 instead of a WAD will make the file a lot smaller, with all your graphics ans sounds compressed. Here is how to do it:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement

nope

all the decorate corresponds to a single monster