Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Just some map stuff, a layout for map 29 of a project and a room i really like from a map im fooling around with currently.

Screenshot_Doom_20180506_235729.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180902_125143.png

@MarlamirThat is so cool! I remember seeing stuff like that in TFC (the Half-Life mod), but never before in Doom.

I noticed something though. Before the explosion, the section of the wall that is going to be the hole doesn't blend in very well with the rest of the wall. Is that on purpose?

Thank you very much for your nice words @Empyre, yes that's on purpose. I trying to make the player know that soon there is something going to happen to this wall. I have in plan add something like bomb stick to wall or something like this.

@MarlamirI thought it might be on purpose. I understand what you are going for, but maybe it could look better if it blended in better, but with a lot of cracks on the wall to indicate a weak spot. Also, once you have the planned bomb in place, maybe that would serve to indicate that something is going to happen there.

@MemfisMaybe the bomb was planted by an ally of the player who died before setting it off, or maybe it is just being stored there.

Yeahh that's true that the wall didn't look so good this way so i really thinks that those cracks with bomb place near going to be way better idea. 

@Dragonfly Hm, the second image reminds me of some rooms from the train level in Blood, and the outside area of its Episode 2.

5 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

@Dragonfly Hm, the second image reminds me of some rooms from the train level in Blood, and the outside area of its Episode 2.

Have you got any pics to hand of those areas? If so please post 'em, 'cause I've not played Blood. (I know, I know, blasphemy!) :P

Would be interesting to see how similar they look!

4 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Have you got any pics to hand of those areas? If so please post 'em, 'cause I've not played Blood. (I know, I know, blasphemy!) :P

Let's see...

Well, here's one for the train level:

Blood_(MS-DOS)_033.png

As for the outside area:

KR1FbDL.jpg

I think you can kinda see why that room reminded me of those areas. I think.

Old unfinished mapping stuff. It was good times to learn how incorporate custom texture packs in maps. 

FB_IMG_1484816213055.jpg

On 9/13/2018 at 4:06 AM, Dragonfly said:

You are doing yourself a huge disservice.

I only played the original to completion for the first time a couple years ago and it's become my favorite Build engine game as well as my second favorite old-school FPS.

Everytime I see a screenshot of it, I end up loading it up and playing for a bit. It is so fun and satisfying to blow enemies up with the TNT.

It's been on my "games I should play" list for a long time, but it's going to be a fair ol' while till I can get onto said list of games. :(

Eventually... :P

Using simple tools to disassemble, edit, and reassemble the DOS exe. Here I am changing the max visplanes from 128 to 16, so Map01 exits with a no more visplanes error immediately.