Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

13 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Were you inspired by Dutch Devil by any chance?

As matter of fact no. Mostly inspired by Mechadon and Lutz. :P

That looks very lovely techbasey, though. I really enjoy techbases. :) Great work, keep it up!

I still have doubts whether to release this wad or not as I do not know how the public would take it hahaha xD

since it is a wad in which you play as one of my demons, it is fun but op and you need my wad of demons (well of all the wads that I do, all need the wad)

here I am playing as kaiser elite guard but the wad have more classes, some more op than others classes

Screenshot_Doom_20180915_190646.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180915_190659.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180915_190704.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180915_190710.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180915_190718.png

Since no one knew what to make of my proof of concept, here's another so that instead of doing 5*(P_Random ()%3+1), the player's pistol does 5*(P_Random ()%255+1). The important thing here is that I can disassemble a function from the original DOS EXE with a single (well, stretching the definitions of that) command, edit the assembly code, and then successfully reassemble it into a genetically modified exe.

3 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Since no one knew what to make of my proof of concept, here's another so that instead of doing 5*(P_Random ()%3+1), the player's pistol does 5*(P_Random ()%255+1). The important thing here is that I can disassemble a function from the original DOS EXE with a single (well, stretching the definitions of that) command, edit the assembly code, and then successfully reassemble it into a genetically modified exe.

Genetically modified exe?

*Jeff Goldblum laugh*

I wonder what you could do with that. Would it be possible to make the original Doom.exe much less limited than it is?

I know that Doom+ already did this sort of thing, but I'm curious to know how far we could go with this.

Some shots from Sunder MAP04, since I skipped it to play 05 after hearing about how "hard" 5 was.

doom08.png

doom10.png

doom15.png

Pretty easy so far, but it's only map 4.

I skipped 3 because it was very unfun. 4 and 5 are much better than it and the previous two combined.

4 hours ago, Linguica said:

Is this something that can be eventually applied to non-vanilla ports or how limited is this this far?

38 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Is this something that can be eventually applied to non-vanilla ports or how limited is this this far?

This is basically just a fancy way of hex editing the original EXE.

15 hours ago, Scorpinax said:

Leatherback custom monster 

Screenshot_Doom_20180916_073810.png

leatherback.gif

Kind of looks like a Zelda enemy like from Twilight Princess because of the skin patterns.

lol I've never seen a spambot doing this before. Kudos for being bravely dumb.

Edit: shows over folks, back on topic :)

Edited by Catpho

Everyone hail to the power of voxels! (From UAC Invasion: The Supply Depot)

aSoGYlc.png

dkAV7q8.png

And here's a bonus, unrelated image:

Spoiler

2b38qqm.png

That's a binary intermission screen.

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

DOOM0002.png.d3f232bfdac06f8e86458dddea1c64d9.png

(Mars War, MAP12)

I can't seem to find the floor.

43 minutes ago, Lorenz0 said:

I finally finished making the last map of my color-themed wad, which I decided to name NoMonochrome (and I'm going to be realising it within the next few days), and here are the results:

6MZXRS8.jpg

sBLEP6o.jpg

EVSNwqn.jpg

d63JmTX.jpg

kmySO4v.jpg

I wish I could have that construction skill to make my ideas hahaha