Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

25 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

"Dada" by Scientist, dated 05/21/06

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I literally played this map yesterday in the Monochrome mapping project. Pretty horrible map actually, but nice concept.

Starting to replay Community Chest 2 in GZDoom, because something is interesting me here...

9LIwhNU.png

Usually when I shoot enemies close to a wall in a ZDoom-based port, they leave a blood splatter like the one in the middle of this door. But there is one above it that I swear, I don't see this blood splatter in any other WAD I've played so far. I wonder if its unique to this WAD.

1 minute ago, bioshockfan90 said:

I literally played this map yesterday in the Monochrome mapping project. Pretty horrible map actually, but nice concept.

Yeah, also I think the texture alignments probably broke because of a newer ZDaemon version, the txt file provided said it's intended for use with ZDaemon because ZDoom ruins textures, but they don't appear properly aligned in ZDaemon either.

If I remember, the alignment can be solved by simply mass-renaming the textures so that they all start at the same point.

It was "made for ZDaemon" because ZDaemon (and the very old version of ZDoom it was originally based on) had a bug with animated textures where they all started from the same point regardless of which texture you put.

To be more explicit: you have an animation, like BFALL1->BFALL2->BFALL3->BFALL4. In vanilla, if you put BFALL1 on a wall and BFALL3 on another, they will both animate, and they will always have two frames of difference. When the BFALL1 wall updates to BFALL2, the BFALL3 wall simultaneously updates to BFALL4. With the bug I'm talking about, it's like they were both at BFALL1 at the start, and they'll be in sync.

With Dada, if I recall correctly, the problem was that the walls were set to something like WALL17 while the floors were set to FLR01. I remember fixing that in my own copy with SLADE's "replace in maps" feature.

I've once made animated flats and animated textures supposed to sync with each other, but abandoned the idea after testing in many different ports and seeing all sorts of inconsistencies in sync.

Unholy is that rotten egg planet inspiring :D Hey @Memfis, did Death-Destiny give us permission to use that sky for our own projects? Is it available anywhere?

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

Only one map from Dark Plutonia was released and it doesn't contain any new resources. :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *dies*