Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

15 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

Got idea for menu "backroung" thing. I'm not sure if the camera should stay static outside or like this.

I like the idea of the moving camera for the menu background definitely helps set your level apart and is a nice take on custom menu images.

1 hour ago, Marlamir said:

Got idea for menu "backroung" thing. I'm not sure if the camera should stay static outside or like this.

qImPaik.gif

(map still need some editing)

That gives me too strong Unreal vibes for me to even suggest keeping it static. That's incredibly atmospheric.  

That is very nice indeed. I also always liked that veeery subtle camera tilt in Quake, when you finish a level.

13 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

do you ever get that feeling of wanting to work on something but at the same time don't want to work on it? whenever I take a look at the screenshots posted here I get discouraged and think "these look like crap compared to what the guys and girls are able to make nowadays"

I do think that all the time :(

But don't worry, those look good.

I think those look very nice.

I like to see what the others are doing, but I also like to notice the differences between them and myself. I like the simplicity I see there, and I encourage it.

2 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

<Pictures>

do you ever get that feeling of wanting to work on something but at the same time don't want to work on it? whenever I take a look at the screenshots posted here I get discouraged and think "these look like crap compared to what the guys and girls are able to make nowadays"

I agree with Forli. I look at the pictures that often get posted and think, "Wow. Those look awesome. People are so good at this."

That being said, I keep at it. I don't get discouraged, even if I'm not up at their level. And neither should you. Personally, I think the screenshots you posted look really good. Keep going, you're doing well.

Pretty cool detailing memfis!

Talking about detailing, here's a juicy detail from a precedent speedmap i made this summer and make finishing details and fixes in these days:

IjjE2Oo.png

Well, more rotten than juicy...

i've probably posted this before but i refined the initial layout and given it some polish, here's a snazzy lookin editor view. probably not releasing due to how short it is but it's good to look at and gander i suppose

image.png.86239c4ab5929e5cd004f20b59cb3658.png

9 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

So much work done today.

Sweet lighting skillz. Where are the new textures from?

@Catpho Most of the textures I stole got from Epic 2, but some are from Realm667 texture packs, like the computer monitors, the new tekgreen-ish and bronze textures, and the black support-like textures.

I chose all these specifically because they work together remarkably well.

3 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

So I just recently started making my third map (which will probably turn into a megawad)

Creating a megawad this early into your mapping career isn't such a good idea. Most people won't play long projects, unless they're really great, so you should probably release maps you make in smaller chunks, so you'll get feedback quicker, and improve faster.

These screenshots look pretty good though.

33 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Reviving old ideas.

Absolutely awesome looking! Lost Civilisation: Episode 2?

9 minutes ago, AL-97 said:

Absolutely awesome looking! Lost Civilisation: Episode 2?

Thanks! Yes :-)

This is what player will see before they will reach exit, unless I'll move this sector a bit further. I know it's a bit plain for now, but having defined exit helps me a lot:

PxKiVHN.png

18 minutes ago, Lore said:

I went to my parents house couple of days ago and picked up my old, essential Doom collection from there. Too bad, that these were stored in closet next to small bag of incense sticks, but I haven't smelled anything yet.

[image]

Two Final Doom copies?

11 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Two Final Doom copies?

Yes. If I remember correctly, I bought the sealed copy first and then the other box. I feel a bit bad for it, because I'm not a hoarder. :<