Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Trying some comic book style text effects. Yay or nay?

Yay, I'd say. Maybe the resolution could be a bit lower, but it definitely looks cool.

3 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

I really like the idea, it reminds me a bit of the game XIII. That said, I think the explosions would look better without that yellow/orange sprite on the back. Just the word "BOOM!".

54 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I really like the idea, it reminds me a bit of the game XIII. That said, I think the explosions would look better without that yellow/orange sprite on the back. Just the word "BOOM!".

You might be right

I'll probably use the one with the background for certain explosion effects but the text only version will be for explosions caused by weapons.

xIvTolI.png

4 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

lVJmYmO.png

Reminds me of the FPS game XIII which also had comic captions for weapons.

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

82286e7a0f966fce7c680d4833820884.gif

"Beyond the candles burning... "

Pretty nice area.

making a boss map, yep is a recolor of a original doom map, but I assure you it is not the same

Screenshot_Doom_20180930_151805.png

Edited by Gaia74

16 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

but I assure you it is not the same

guess that it'll be a grosse boss....and I bet that it'll also have a bfg and an invul sphere....

2 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

guess that it'll be a grosse boss....and I bet that it'll also have a bfg and an invul sphere....

Don't forget the secret megasphere and SSG.

34 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Don't forget the secret megasphere and SSG.

36 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

there are no secrets, and there are like 4 mega spheres, believe me you will occupy them

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

and its name will be "Terry"...

2 minutes ago, Master O said:

and its name will be "Terry"...

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180930_234120.png

Seems like there's a lot of slopes in that room. Say, with Elementalism being the GZDoom project, do maps in it require jumping and crouching?

1 hour ago, AL-97 said:

Seems like there's a lot of slopes in that room. Say, with Elementalism being the GZDoom project, do maps in it require jumping and crouching?

Yep, there's a lot of slopes in there!  Thank goodness for vertrex dragging. 

Jumping yes.  Crouching won't be required, but we won't disable it either. 

Remember the mod of sargent mark of vanilla marines with the ia of the marines of brutal doom? well, i am making a addon, with more allys, i have now 3, the cyberbaron, the mech demon, and the heaven guard

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_194228.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_194303.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_194310.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_194318.png

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

I've been slowly working on my complementarily spooky Dark episode map against Bridgeburner's more surreal episode finisher for Elementalism.  Still working out the details, but I think I got the overall vibe down.

Wow! That looks really amazing. How do you even do this lighting?!

autumn_selection.png

embracing teh scattershot patchwork Zekhmet aesthetic the other mappers have been demonstrating <3
please use my pack giggle

17 hours ago, Bauul said:

.... for Elementalism.

Lies, that's gotta be UE4 :P, jk awesome shots you guys really know how to take the visuals to the next level.

15 hours ago, elend said:

Wow! That looks really amazing. How do you even do this lighting?!

It's a combination of a few GZDoom features.  Dynamic Point Lights, Spotlights, and Attenuated Point Lights for the light sources, mostly in pairs (one smaller bright one for the immediate surrounding, and one larger dimmer one to light the room).  Shadowmaps (a menu option) uses one-sided linedefs to block light, and can be used to make sharp shadows.  Finally, the whole map has a subtle Fade (aka fog) effect too.  

The geometry itself is actually pretty simple.  Given it's so dark, I don't want to complicate navigating with excessive detailing.