Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 10/17/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

I'd love to say I made this but alas I do not have this skill.

You can easily do it. I'm pretty sure this is just color filter with slight color edit. is easy to do it.

15 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

i wanna make gifs like this but i dont know how :c

Ezgif is pretty good for making GIFs from videos.

8 hours ago, Marlamir said:

You can easily do it. I'm pretty sure this is just color filter with slight color edit. is easy to do it

I'm more referring to the fact that it's carved from a pumpkin

I believe that its fake too, it's look way too perfect.  However It took few minutes of looking at the image until i start to recognize the pumpkin. Man i'm so blind sometimes.

While reading the coments under image it actually really real. HOLY F*CKING SH*T, i mean... i dont want to be rude but i cant hold myself.

Kaiser Corporation, A company under the command of the great god kaiser so please leave your sweater with the doorman nailborg before entering :P (made with oblige and a lump create by me, use the monsters of my wad, and some others)

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121151.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121208.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121226.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121303.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121322.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121342.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121410.png

21 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Screenshot_Doom_20181019_211044.png

That rock column on the right bothers me with that misalignment, but the texture can't wrap properly.

Textures from PRCP and various packs on Afterglow.

I would move that misalignment to a less-often-viewed side, facing that nearby wall.

Gorgeous work, you guys! @Dragonfly @Ichor

Everytime I check out this thread, I want to throw my map into the trash, because it looks so inadequate. I noticed a big big difference in lighting in other people's maps compared to mine. It seems mine are missing some... contrast. But no matter how dark I make the sectors, it always looks kinda different. Something to do with the OpenGL renderer?

14 minutes ago, elend said:

Everytime I check out this thread, I want to throw my map into the trash, because it looks so inadequate.

I saw this and it made me chuckle, because I can't help but notice the striking difference in appearance between what I make and what others make, so I understand the sentiment. That said, don't throw your map out just because it's different from what you see here. Everyone has their own style, and there's no reason to try to copy something that Ribbiks, Mechadon, Ichor, Dragonfly, or Bridgeburner might construct.

Make the map your way and it will have its own character that people can look at and say, "That's an elend map."

About the contrast, I don't think that's so much lighting as texture choice. Looking back at my screenshots, I see a lot of brown and grey, but there's often some green or some blue to contrast them. It really makes those textures stand out against an otherwise monochrome map structure, helps make the scene easier to read, and overall makes it look a little nicer.

Experiment with your textures, mix and match colors a bit. If you find an area looking dull, add a new color to "brighten" the scene some. You might be surprised at how much the addition of a single color can give a room so much more personality than if it was just grey or just brown.

Try playing with the palette a bit, tweak the colors to get brighter, more vibrant colors, or to make new ones, and work with those. I like to play with the palette to make a nice teal and good, saturated colors to make the map stand out a little better.

I wanna know if I actually put a huge stack of crates inside the warehouse, as you can see I put doom textures in a heretic wad. and for this boat right here I named it HMS nitro, I wanted the next one to be the blue lion as this heretic wad will become a cross country journey probably in the next 6 months or so, the words for the boats we're messed up in software so I showed them in openGL instead

Screenshot_Heretic_20181021_003606.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181021_003627.png

4 hours ago, elend said:

Gorgeous work, you guys! @Dragonfly @Ichor

Everytime I check out this thread, I want to throw my map into the trash, because it looks so inadequate. I noticed a big big difference in lighting in other people's maps compared to mine. It seems mine are missing some... contrast. But no matter how dark I make the sectors, it always looks kinda different. Something to do with the OpenGL renderer?

You have nothing to worry about Elend. The stuff you've posted previously is sharp (examples below). That room with the pillars and oval sky portal is especially tasty. I actually used that as inspiration for the Infinite Void map I'm currently working on. You can rest easy in the knowledge that you've got proper talent.

As for the lighting, what format do you map in? My stuff is all UDMF and I make heavy usage of dynamic lights (heavy is an understatement) which create a very different look to manual lighting sectors

On 10/10/2018 at 12:27 AM, elend said:

Spooooky!

spooky.jpg.92ed64cc444439d38ab1f3aaf4583cf3.jpg

On 10/4/2018 at 1:56 AM, elend said:

Well, some hellish stuff I am working on at the moment. Those Revenants are waiting for a fist fight. My bet is on the Revenant.

Map_01.jpg

Map_02.jpg

Map_03.jpg

Yeah @elend you are fairly new compared to those authors, yet you've already shown a good grasp of the editor. I look forward to your next works :)

5 hours ago, elend said:

Everytime I check out this thread, I want to throw my map into the trash, because it looks so inadequate. 

Oh, so I'm not the only one?