Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Was browsing the forums for threads I haven't been able to get to yet (new)...
So here's my map in progress, nothing is fully finished and its very WIP.
It was going to be a much larger map originally, but I decided to break it up into four or five smallerish ones.

Screenshot_Doom_20181027_022750.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181026_154055.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181026_154011.png

MAP01 (edit area) at 2018.10.27 15-42-06.495 [R2787].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2018.10.27 15-41-42.512 [R2787].jpg

On 10/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Teder said:

Damn, again I found something :D

asdf.jpg.f52d88d91663052ce6b4f5c0d4646c4e.jpg

That's cool and all, but it has pretty much nothing to do with Doom :P

15 hours ago, elend said:

@Bridgeburner56 But... how is this even possible? Gorgeous stuff. Love it. You should archive your streams on YouTube. I‘d watch this. :p

Cheers. The vods are on my twitch page. I'll definitely look into getting them on YouTube as well

Cool stuff Oxyde, but man does the last shot highlight how poor Doom's default red colormap fading is.

It's very exciting to see a SiH-inspired wad and these screenshots give me confidence that it's going to be of high quality. I just hope that the maps will have enough originality in them. I think SiH was a bit too rip-off-ish at times, and I'm not sure if you need to preserve that aspect.

14 hours ago, Memfis said:

It's very exciting to see a SiH-inspired wad and these screenshots give me confidence that it's going to be of high quality. I just hope that the maps will have enough originality in them. I think SiH was a bit too rip-off-ish at times, and I'm not sure if you need to preserve that aspect.

Such a SIH rip-off that I only allow myself to use the same textures in my maps that JCD did in his original maps, though bonus levels will be entirely new (and I hope a not yet done concept for Map31 but I can dream :) ), and a couple of new levels here and there !
So far I'd say the wad feels close to SiH but doesn't bring the original levels' feelinds that SIH is partially based on!

I think I ended up making something that feels like Doom 64 almost, the map is dark in so many places yet full of color.
(tried it with D64 Retribution running with it, and even loaded my D64 cart for comparison)
It likely won't use D64 anything, this was just me messing around.

Screenshot_Doom_20181030_081657.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181030_081738.png

Those look wonderful! I was never a big fan of the „concrete“ textures, but your variations look way better. Well done. Also good job on the lights!