Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

TITLEPIC.png

This is what I'm up to in November for NaNoWADMo. 3 episodes for GZDoom using Doom as a base and those three skyboxes to make up for the crappy speed maps that are sure to ensue.

The left-hand one in particular is gorgeous through dint of being twice the resolution of the other two. I find this sort of thing really impressive because I'm no artist myself, so I'll do my best to show them off in the maps!

16 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Not sure about the grass texture on the steps there Malamir, aside from that this looks pretty rad! :)

Thank you :) I'm not sure about that either, i will propably change the texture for the red carpet one.

13 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

Hope this doesn't get lost the last post! :D

Made a couple of recolours as a request for somebody, decided to make some variations!

11brrk.PNG 12brrk.PNG 456.png 3456.png unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png

unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png unknown.png ertgyh.png ertfgyh.png

Hot damn these look fantastic!

Am I allowed to make use of these (with proper credit, of course)?

3 hours ago, elend said:

@Deadwing Will it a great soundtrack again, like Exomoon? :D Also: Great screenshots!

Initially I'll go with only using moonblood's and exomoon's soundtrack, where I'll make mp3 versions of the remaining moonblood tracks. But I'll probably compose some new tracks for it :P Not a full CD like exomoon, though! Haha

Anyway, thanks a lot guys :)

I tried to make a broken hologram table, one of several that will be at points that seem important on a star ship.
Any advice on improvement or is it good so far?

Screenshot_Doom_20181031_153259.png

Sorry, last one being low res, was from windowed mode...

Screenshot_Doom_20181031_153847.png

6 hours ago, Terminus said:

Hot damn these look fantastic!

Am I allowed to make use of these (with proper credit, of course)?

Of course~ :) That's why I post these

It's probably kinda crappy looking, but it's my first scratch made texture ever and I can't stop grinning, I took me hours to actually get it from Paint to Slade (it got lost somewhere) to GZDoombuilder.
It was a pain, but I feel accomplished, will definitly try to do more textures in the future to get better at it.
And all that, for a whopping five screens in the map!

MAP01 (edit area) at 2018.10.31 19-08-53.522 [R2787].jpg

TRXSCRN01.png

Thanks.

I felt good about it but I wanted extra input on it, see what others takes were.
I'd like my first map to turn out alright but I wanted to do more than just something really basic, so I've been screwing around with ideas like the holo-table and auto opening blast doors and lighting.
And now I'm working on custom display screen textures because I have an Idea of how to do it.

Last screen of the night, got some new screen textures made and two in game now, still need to do some final rooms and corridors so they aren't bare, put down the rest of the items and monsters, and make the exit.
With any luck it can be done for the most part in a few more days.

Screenshot_Doom_20181031_233259.png

doom106.png

Good decisions with Aquila Chrysaetos. Today I decided to do a glide while playing in longtics through this window and couldn't get out. Softlocked.

The lesson: only glide in shorttics. Some glides are too hard to do otherwise.

The map is E1M7 of FreeDoom 1.

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

@NaZa Jesus, those are some tall rooms.

Those are actually elevators - normally they're around 128 but they lower pretty deep. 

9 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Spoiler

doom106.png

Good decisions with Aquila Chrysaetos. Today I decided to do a glide while playing in longtics through this window and couldn't get out. Softlocked.

The lesson: only glide in shorttics. Some glides are too hard to do otherwise.

The map is E1M7 of FreeDoom 1.

IMO it's harder to glide into that room rather than glide out of it. Besides, you could've lined yourself up, set horizontal sensitivity to 0 and moved yourself with vertical mouse movement.

They deleted the screenshots. They hosted them directly on Doomworld and probably ran out of space, so they removed them.

In the interest of preservation I'd suggest not hosting with DW if you intend to use all your space up. :)

1 hour ago, Beginner said:

IMO it's harder to glide into that room rather than glide out of it. Besides, you could've lined yourself up, set horizontal sensitivity to 0 and moved yourself with vertical mouse movement.

That's strange. I managed to glide into it very easily, but getting back out was impossible.

The way I was gliding was how Dime taught me to do it, and it works well enough, but it wasn't working for me there.