Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@Bridgeburner56 great mood - wood and lava. I like how lava light walls around. Detailed ceiling like in quake on 3rd screenshot - I love it. And at the last screenshot - colors: red and soulsphere blue, and, yes I see those great shadows! New backgrounds for work desktops :D

Starting work on level three of my project, part of my method is getting an idea of how the next level starts so I know how the previous ends.
A dormitory and recreation area seems like a good number three.

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_043352.png

1 hour ago, wolfmcbeard said:

Starting work on level three of my project, part of my method is getting an idea of how the next level starts so I know how the previous ends.
A dormitory and recreation area seems like a good number three.

Screenshot_Doom_20181001_043352.png

I'm having PTSD flashbacks of a cracked laptop screen from that messed up UAC logo.

7 hours ago, Gez said:

I'm having PTSD flashbacks of a cracked laptop screen from that messed up UAC logo.

That was the idea, reminds me of what happened to my last phone.

This is the image they used for Alien Vendetta MAP20 in DW's 100 most memorable maps article.  I love the 3/4 overview, it looks fantastic.  I'd like to know what editor or software they used to take this shot so I can make more images like this.  I know I could do it in Doom Builder 2 or GZDB but visual mode isn't fullscreen, and I'd like to make them full 1080p.  Unless there is a way to get visual mode to go fullscreen?  Someone tell me there is :)

1665529130_4_01misrihalekiso.jpg.c107d196675cc731cda560ee88117b2a.jpg

6 minutes ago, guitardz said:

This is the image they used for Alien Vendetta MAP20 in DW's 100 most memorable maps article.  I love the 3/4 overview, it looks fantastic.  I'd like to know what editor or software they used to take this shot so I can make more images like this.  I know I could do it in Doom Builder 2 or GZDB but visual mode isn't fullscreen, and I'd like to make them full 1080p.  Unless there is a way to get visual mode to go fullscreen?  Someone tell me there is :)

1665529130_4_01misrihalekiso.jpg.c107d196675cc731cda560ee88117b2a.jpg

I believe you are looking for Nasty !

8 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Felt like trying out some screenshots of my maps in NASTY since I've been putting it off constantly. Doesn't always come out clean but I like the results.

Nice shots there.  I'll play with this and GZDB visual mode and see what I like more.

You have to watch out for the draw distance (I can't remember if @jmickle66666666 had a cvar in there somewhere to control it) or otherwise that happens. For the Misri Halek shot I had to stay fairly zoomed in and then panned around and took a whole bunch of screenshots. Because it's truly isometric, I could align them perfectly in an image editor and crop it and ended up with an enormous image. If anyone ever wanted to make a giant poster of an isometric Doom map, that's what I would recommend, since you can make it arbitrarily high resolution if you have the time and patience.

4 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

462ad7cafff912532c343206502673ba.gif

Judging by the strobing lights, I say Hell is having a party tonight.

59 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Screenshot_Doom_20181220_002000.png

Needs more detail.

4 minutes ago, elend said:

@bridgeburner56 Where'S the download link? :D

It'll be downloadable when Jimmy get's all the maps together and puts them in a wad.  Quite a few cool looking maps from some great mappers i've seen going into this JOM :)

1 hour ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I know it's nothing compared to what our mouths have been collectively watering over for the last hour

Dude, who cares? If it's awesome, it's awesome.