Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Hires in lowres fun with bloom, ao, tonemaping, ca.

5QAEvzX.jpg

ZtD40PO.jpg

R92t0v5.jpg

Kz98boc.jpg

UsPmzlN.jpg

rOICqzz.jpg

EDIT:

He's watching you!

RbPL6Lm.jpg

Edited by Teder

On 12/26/2018 at 2:03 AM, skillsaw said:

Approximately the same shot as yesterday, but much improved. My main aim was to improve the visual contrast of the scene, as I felt it was a bit too flat looking. To do that, I added a layer of dark concrete on the building middle floors to contrast the lighter grays the are more widespread above and below, I added in some green and brown earthy tones (in the grass and in the outer wall structures), and most noticeably swapped the sky to an overcast nighttime blue.

I've surrounded the map with buildings to set the scene a bit more. Some doodads on the ground and some smooth gradient lighting rounds it out, I'm very happy with it now.

etrn11.png

This looks excellent, don't think I've seen anything like it in Doom before either. Interesting vertical playspace as well -- there's a level in an old shooter called No-one Lives Forever set on a construction yard that was pretty good because of this inherent vertical nature. Are you just experimenting or is this part of an upcoming project?

1 hour ago, holaareola said:

This looks excellent, don't think I've seen anything like it in Doom before either.

Try Pinchy's Alfonzone, the urban episode has this kind of aesthetics.

42 minutes ago, Gez said:

Try Pinchy's Alfonzone, the urban episode has this kind of aesthetics.

Alfonzone has something for everyone!

54 minutes ago, Gez said:

Alfonzone

Thanks for the recommendation, missed it on the Cacowards sidebar. I'll add it to the playlist.  49 playable maps though, intimidating!

3 hours ago, holaareola said:

This looks excellent, don't think I've seen anything like it in Doom before either. Interesting vertical playspace as well -- there's a level in an old shooter called No-one Lives Forever set on a construction yard that was pretty good because of this inherent vertical nature. Are you just experimenting or is this part of an upcoming project?

Thanks. Right now it is just a loose pile of week-old wads on my drive. Figuring out how much I want to do, and how to compile everything into a releasable project is a problem for later, but I do hope to release this as part of a larger project at some point.

7 hours ago, holaareola said:

This looks excellent, don't think I've seen anything like it in Doom before either.

In addition to The Alfonzone, you could try Fall of Society, a shorter set that has some cool ZDoomy city maps in a similar vein as Alfonzone. The shot skillsaw posted reminds me a lot of a construction zone in the last map, in fact.

4 hours ago, TollyCastle said:

Messing around with OTEX. I don't make techbases often so this could be a great learning experience.

image.png

Looks very nice.  I am opposite, I try to make hellish or medieval themed things and they always somehow evolve into techbase...

1 hour ago, DanielAlexander said:

I started working on this wad some time ago, but now, I don't feel motivated enough to keep building it and I don't think someone would like to continue it for me.

So, I think this will never be finished.

Aurumrip.png.2f564b446063d513e3a3880cedb6fbde.png

looks nice

2 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

I started working on this wad some time ago, but now, I don't feel motivated enough to keep building it and I don't think someone would like to continue it for me.

So, I think this will never be finished.

Aurumrip.png.2f564b446063d513e3a3880cedb6fbde.png

I could never let something that nice go to waste.  I would offer to finish it for you but I'm still learning and that looks beyond my skill level.

@Rayziik you've no idea how glad I am to see you posting shots :D been really pumped for your megawad for a while

@DanielAlexander that looks absolutely incredible, holy shit. I love it. I bet you someone would like to continue it for you though if you're not motivated to keep it going, though! worst case, you post it and nobody bites, but having it out there is much better than it not being in the world at all!

I love Doom animated .gifs btw and would very much appreciate a separate thread for them. :D