• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 1/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, galileo31dos01 said:

DOOM0003.png.d14e1ea842b6964987e56aa3a85b470a.png

(NOVA: The Birth, MAP30)

Looks so silly when monsters get glued to door tracks. 

He's being sneaky 

19 hours ago, Van Daemon said:

Screenshot_Doom_20181225_224053bbbb.png

Looks great! As usual

291920096_HUB01-01.png.c23158eced63b5f183063ceb396d5272.png

2007686686_HUB01-02.png.a6c6eeadf34a971c1b2f21a1aff16858.png

68421940_HUB01-03.png.25e19ad447f7fa9d0ed7558b46479d7e.png

After pretty much a year of failure and a lack of care for the TMoD series, I decided to re-ignite the series but this time if I ever do make TMoD wad files, they'll all be locked in their own wad, rather than being connected to other TMoD WAD files. Trying to connect the WADs kinda killed my creativity. :l

12 hours ago, Urthar said:

It turns out that while ZDoom can't render sloped 3DFloors, it does render the lighting effects contained within them.

There is an extrafloor_lightonly effect for this kind of things (light effects without actual 3D floor); but I don't think I've ever seen it tested with a sloped control sector.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

There is an extrafloor_lightonly effect for this kind of things (light effects without actual 3D floor); but I don't think I've ever seen it tested with a sloped control sector.

Yeah, it works with sloped control sectors.

Thanks, that's actually pretty useful because it hides the 3DFloor in the editor which makes selecting stuff easier.

1 minute ago, Urthar said:

Yeah, it works with sloped control sectors.

Thanks, that's actually pretty useful because it hides the 3DFloor in the editor which makes selecting stuff easier.

Press Tab in the Visual Mode to toggle special effects like slopes and 3D floors.  It helps you select stuff that is otherwise blocked by 3D floors.

1 hour ago, Empyre said:

Press Tab in the Visual Mode to toggle special effects like slopes and 3D floors.  It helps you select stuff that is otherwise blocked by 3D floors.

Of course, but it's more the case that I often wanted to edit the 3D Floors and Slopes, but there was a huge room crossing light volume in the way.

ZMagicEditor.png.bdc28a32e8cdabcd66435ed974fb0ead.png

49 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

yTkoxf5.gif

Heretic is so much fun when your weapons don't feel like water pistols.

Is this a mod I can get somewhere?

4 hours ago, guitardz said:

Is this a mod I can get somewhere?

I don't know if someone else has made something like this with Smooth Doom, but it's something I made myself a couple days ago. I could PM you a copy if you want, but keep in mind that I only bothered to implement the things that I cared about, so a lot of stuff might be broken (although I could probably get it working with enough time).

21 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Who here wants to play a puzzle map where an unkillable cyberdemon stalks you as you're trying to solve puzzles?

Totally unkillable? I liked the way you handled it in Copper Exuviae, where you eventually could hunt down enough ammo to kill it if you tried really hard.

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Totally unkillable? I liked the way you handled it in Copper Exuviae, where you eventually could hunt down enough ammo to kill it if you tried really hard.

Welllll unkillable for the duration of the puzzle. Unless you're a dirty, dirty continuous player. Or you like non-berserk punching cybers to death.

gif of my map for bloody rust 3 (hope that's not cheating?), this is my first proper map so please no bully

i like it most in software mode (no truecolour) it makes the colours more grungy, combined with a low res i think it looks cool

blorus.gif

Since this is a thread concerning maps, can someone tell me: what are control sectors for?

I enter iddt to see everything in the level, and I look around and see two small squares, both different textures, sitting outside the map. Sometimes these sectors flash, sometimes they don't. I seriously don't get it. Oh yeah, and some look like they have moving floors.

21 minutes ago, Poncho1 said:

Since this is a thread concerning maps, can someone tell me: what are control sectors for?

I enter iddt to see everything in the level, and I look around and see two small squares, both different textures, sitting outside the map. Sometimes these sectors flash, sometimes they don't. I seriously don't get it. Oh yeah, and some look like they have moving floors.

Control sectors are often used to impart special circumstances for their parent sectors, whether to connect two separated sectors with sound, control where a platform will lower (as it will lower to its lowest adjacent sector, this includes if its attached to a control sector). A sector doesn't have to be a single closed segment, but multiple closed segments that have the same id. In modern ports like zdoom, you can use a control sector to define the height and textures of a 3d floor, and many other uses.

The possibilities are not even remotely moderate. :D

48 minutes ago, antares031 said:

We're working on the next release candidate of Eviternity, and here's the leaked screenshot of the upcoming version. Special thanks to @Xyzzy01 for the pixel art.

doom113.png.efd23a7b63221d9802cf31a520d0d072.png

P.S.: Yeah, we're still working on the new sprites for the final boss.

A truly perfect sprite for archangelus, nobody can tell me otherwise. :P