Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, TollyCastle said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190118_134341.png.a5fa56f54fb27728b3bf440867569e75.pngSome grimy and dark otex sewers I guess. Tried to make them feel sort of quake-y

Aw MAN THAT'S FUCKIN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!

On 12/29/2018 at 6:23 PM, TollyCastle said:

Messing around with OTEX. I don't make techbases often so this could be a great learning experience.

image.png

The sewers are actually part of the same level as the image in the message I quoted.
I've tried to make the level have contrast between wood + metal panel heavy parts and grimy, mainly brick sewery parts.

13 hours ago, mappr said:

gif of my map for bloody rust 3 (hope that's not cheating?), this is my first proper map so please no bully

i like it most in software mode (no truecolour) it makes the colours more grungy, combined with a low res i think it looks cool

The framerate of that GIF hurts me, but the map looks cool.

6 hours ago, Maha said:

TITLEPIC for my very old abandoned project. That picture of doomguy is for some reason my all time favorite pic. I edited that weird machine gun for the SSG. These old resources were used in DBP_06.wad by 40oz and co.

This was a cool set of resources, love the menu graphics especially. I still think there's more that could be done with that stuff!

A nice view into the cave. Getting there, one last part of the cave still to design. After that I really need to stop adding rooms, and start planning gameplay.

M5.png

13 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I wasn't even sure what this was until a couple days ago when I decided this was a reinterpretation of Chex's first map.

Nice! I remember I did a remake of E1M1 and E1M2 quite a few years ago - I need to dig those out or just make some new ones because it'd be nice to have some tougher levels for an obscure IWAD with a trivial difficulty level.
Not sure if you're familiar with some of the other Chex resources out there, but I'd recommend the Chex Skulltag Pack for some extra textures if you need any.

29 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Stuff for an upcoming CP, most likely.

Images

My first experimentation with the rotatable grid in GZDoom Builder, too.

Moon <3, i love the moon maps <3

I configured my GZDoom settings and now I have fancy bloom! Observe on a terrible shot of my project's MAP09.
(Yes, I did IDKFA to get here.)

q0PpKZI.jpg

When you forget that using crate textures on middle linedef will create tutti-frutti effects in vanilla -_-;

btw this is an outdoor section I'm adding on Hell on Phil Map01 currently in progress ;)

DxfysroUcAAOjlB.jpg

9 hours ago, Philnemba said:

When you forget that using crate textures on middle linedef will create tutti-frutti effects in vanilla -_-;

btw this is an outdoor section I'm adding on Hell on Phil Map01 currently in progress ;)

DxfysroUcAAOjlB.jpg

Why not make a sector whose floor is the top of the crates?  Or make it null space (no sector) so the crates are stacked to the ceiling?

@riderr3: That area looks good as-is.  There is nice contrast between those textures and the bright sky, which would be lost if you switched to bright textures.

Taking a break from my personal project (for now) to get a start going on my Doomworld Omega Project 2019 map. Experimenting with arched windows.

AF7ApOn.jpg

They look like a good start but the lack of contrast behind them doesn't show them off too well- it all kinda blends in!

7 minutes ago, Fuzzball said:

They look like a good start but the lack of contrast behind them doesn't show them off too well- it all kinda blends in!

Since we're allowed to use up to five custom textures in the project, I might make a variation of the BRICK7 texture with a slightly different colour to use for the outside walls to create that contrast.