Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

16 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Since we're allowed to use up to five custom textures in the project, I might make a variation of the BRICK7 texture with a slightly different colour to use for the outside walls to create that contrast.

I think it's more the inside of the arches (the texture that runs along the ceiling of the arch sectors) is pretty nondescript, just plain brown from a distance.  See if you can find a texture that has strong, bold seams and align those seams with the edge of the arch sectors.  That way the arch will show up much stronger against the brick outside.

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I think it's more the inside of the arches (the texture that runs along the ceiling of the arch sectors) is pretty nondescript, just plain brown from a distance.  See if you can find a texture that has strong, bold seams and align those seams with the edge of the arch sectors.  That way the arch will show up much stronger against the brick outside.

If I can figure out how to fix the scaling on the texture in SLADE (which I swear I knew), I might use the same light texture that the base of the arch does.

5 minutes ago, pc234 said:

@Empyre I did this in Boom format, but it was hard to tell because I was using GLBoom with mouselook on.

Well, that changes this from easy to impressive. Well done!

@pc234 this is disgusting and I hope someone expands on this and makes one of those huge lavishly detailed slaughter maps and uses them everywhere

1 hour ago, mappr said:

@pc234 this is disgusting and I hope someone expands on this and makes one of those huge lavishly detailed slaughter maps and uses them everywhere

Isn't there a map like that in Ancient Aliens?

Just now, guitardz said:

Isn't there a map like that in Ancient Aliens?

There are several maps in AA that use this effect, but unlike AA, this uses a voodoo doll instead of an animated texture.

Doomguy reads a friendly PSA regarding a new threat:

Screenshot_Doom_20190123_015707.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20150728_193358.png
"what was that PSA saying again? something about heads? oh shit... im dead."

Edited by Scorpinax

8 hours ago, pc234 said:

I made a fake 3d floor with a fake floor bobbing effect in Boom. Looks a bit clunky right now, but when I will eventually (never) use this technique, it will be much smoother.

fake3dfloorbob.gif.06707cc143a38579b95b1f3e91029a38.gif

That the impaled body doesn't move with the fake floor kinda ruins it.

Perhaps use  a floating decoration like the flaming skulls (42) or evil eye (41)?

2 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

upcoming wad scrreenie

Is that a remake of E3M1/9? I ask because I've done something similar in my own remake :)

Updated version of my image at the top of the page. New texture for outside walls + lights all around the windows + farthest window now has a stained glass texture.

mxeV63Y.jpg

47 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Updated version of my image at the top of the page. New texture for outside walls + lights all around the windows + farthest window now has a stained glass texture.

That looks much better!  You can actually see the arches now.

Incidentally if you're using UDMF then you can scale textures directly in the Sector property window.

Got some more work done on this outside section. The COMPBLUE waterfalls are a placeholder until I get a proper waterfall texture implemented.

21V2Z0p.jpg

Sorry i know i'm posting a lot on this thread: 
wanted to share progress with WetDarkBase, by far my coolest looking map so far, with a rain thematic.

Screenshot_Doom_20190123_220118.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190123_220131.png

1999009142_MAP11at2019_01.2416-10-18.687R3041.jpg.4995024ce7a2c4343a79e1fb50798765.jpg

So I was working on MAP11 of my silly DooM 2 Chocolate remake (Chocolate because it's Chocolate DooM (Which is basically vanilla)) And I decided to make a crate rest on top of another crate. And then I made it longer than the texture. Looks rather silly yet rather interesting XD

1699037226_MAP11at2019_01.2416-12-44.119R3041.jpg.0547c8b432d1ccb2eae705b2d4f2e058.jpg

This is a "zoom out" of the map so far. Details and more rooms will be coming soon.

Layout for my Omega 2019 map so far. New priority: make the southern hall of the fortress a little less... barren.

Basically, the idea of the map is, you're given a large amount of health and armour at the beginning of the level. And that's it. No health packs, no soulspheres, no armours, no megaspheres, outside of the starting hub.

MeNpKAW.png

Quack!

Screenshot_Doom_20190126_143808.png.a7de3e5b8fb4c1db717825b9bf53150c.png

So yeah! I've managed to add ducking to a 3D model! However, it's VERY glitchy right now and ANY form of input outside of ducking causes the model to try and move into it's regular position when standing, forgetting that the model is meant to crouch. (Crouching frames DO exist... but I'm not sure how to get the game to realise this...)