Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I was going to say that "non-brown stock textures only" could make an interesting rule for a community project, but thinking about I suspect the opposite would be true. I foresee a lot of GRAY and TEKGREEN.

Mine would just be a COMPSPAN overload.

Maybe a bit of COMPBLUE here and there.

"A couple outside areas connected by some hallways" sounds kind of boring, but the pictures say otherwise.  Nicely done!

And yes, I have seen Heretic and Hexen screenshots here before.

Thanks Empyre. EttinGrinder clued me in to use Slade for applying palettes since HeXen was giving me issues, so I got my Title geared. Hoping to come up with a small set of levels. Will have to figure out the hub stuff.

Edited by Doom_Dude

6 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

So are HeXen screens allowed in this thread?

If the game runs on the Doom engine, no one's going to complain.

I've seen Chex Quest on threads like this, so I'm sure you're good. Doomworld openly accepts all things IWAD. They're all made with doom anyways.

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Almost done. I finally finished up the last map last night. Just need to do some more testing and tweaking now.

How do you like a post 2 times in domworld? >:(
These look amazing jabba can't wait to play :D

41 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

@leodoom85 Those gold textures sure look snazzy.

Can somebody use this. I was messing around making Titlepics. haha.

8ZYhs4E.png

I guess this means you're running the CP then?  ;)

1 hour ago, guitardz said:

I guess this means you're running the CP then?  ;)

Oh no, what have I done. lol

Edited by Doom_Dude

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

Plus, one can never have too many Brigandine inspired maps.

The spirit of Viggles is strong in these pics.

Nah, they just try to emphasize a lot of colour in deathmatch maps, which has not been prioritized really over the years, only a couple maps and a pack here or there emphasized colour as a central theme (such as CyberCrime). "NeonDM" is a loose theme name but really was meant to continue the riff off of "Eon DM" made by Rustking and Hatred, tested by the authors of "AeonDM" (troll name to play off Eon, as evidenced by the titlepic). Getting some architecture, lighting, and colour inspired by "cybercity" or "cyber punk" themes was desired but that mostly folded in favour of different varieties of coloured tech themes, with some exceptions.

7 hours ago, rf` said:

Bauul: that looks quake as fuck and I want it.

I agree that 1, 4, and 5 definitely have a Quake vibe to me. Screenshots 2 and 3 have too much green to feel like it (again, just to me).

@Bauul

Looks good. What's up with the random STONE2 texture amongst the STONE3 wall in screenshot 2?

Thanks for the kind comments guys!  I'll try to have it finished and released in the next few weeks.

15 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Looks good. What's up with the random STONE2 texture amongst the STONE3 wall in screenshot 2?

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves:  "Because God loves wondrous variety!"

I was having a rough day, so I decided to unwind with some obscure Doom wads from over a decade ago, and found this gem. I'm dead.

Screenshot_Doom_20190202_174213.png