Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 minute ago, Master O said:

jaded

Good point. For a moment I even thought those green COMPSPANs in the farthest corner look like elaborate Chinese characters!

2 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

Working out what to do with this facade still.

Screenshot_Doom_20190220_114845.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190220_122302.png.909cd698e0ef79d39f2222fcf6c7c34e.png

"All that glitters ... are Archviles!"

Last picture is my favorite. Love the architecture. Is this one map or is this many maps?

Edited by Rhebiz

7 minutes ago, Rhebiz said:

Last picture is my favorite. Love the architecture. Is this or is this many maps?

This project is going to have 36 maps in total (4 of them as secret maps), just like in Ultimate Doom. That last picture is from last map E4M8 called as "Lucifer's Temple". :) So far what I did show was E1M1, E1M8, E2M1, E2M9, E4M1, E3M7 and E4M8. Project itself is far from playable.

5 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Having a decent time making a chainsaw-oriented map in the shape of a heptagram. One of my favorite things about mapping is figuring out how to transform a level over time, and seeing it work properly in action.

That looks very neat, though I'm curious how you'll make the chainsaw work as the dominant weapon, as opposed to the berserked fist.

11 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

I'm curious how you'll make the chainsaw work as the dominant weapon, as opposed to the berserked fist.

Maybe by not giving a berserk powerup, or by putting in monsters that justify using the CS for stunlocking?

15 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

That looks very neat, though I'm curious how you'll make the chainsaw work as the dominant weapon, as opposed to the berserked fist.

No berserk, no other weapons. CHAINSAW BABY, CHAINSAW!

2 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

CHAINSAW BABY, CHAINSAW

Does your map come with free earplugs for early adaptors?

Speaking of, guess what I just found:
Chainsawspammer.jpg.be609a8571d0fdabec89519c0251d404.jpg

Grey works but would fit better in winter, orange looks like the forest is burning because the in-game areas aren't lit by orange light, green is the best fit IMO as it blends better with the in-game vegetation.

The green one fits best and looks most natural. If you want a sunset setting, though, then I'd go for the orangey one of course and maybe change the lighting in the sectors to something warmer. Depends what you want. Awesome skies!

53 minutes ago, elend said:

If you want a sunset setting, though, then I'd go for the orangey one of course

Problem is that we expect sunset to be a pretious photo-friendly moment which lasts very little, usually much less than a Doom mission, unless you're supposed to be on another planet.

Personally when I'm picking skies I try to go with the color that contrasts the most with the map terrain, so I probably would've gone with orange here - although the green does look really good (and you might not be after contrast here, you probably want slightly more natural colors instead).

Contrasting with map terrain makes sense for certain settings, but I think in a forest setting, if the skybox also shows a forest, you'll want it to blend instead. Likewise, if you have a map like one of these Hexen swamps filled with white fog, and you pick a sky that contrasts with that, it'll look weird and unnatural. You'll need a white foggy sky.