Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@RonLivingston
Pro tip from the man who made the most famous egyptian mapset for heretic serious sidhe :D:
The colors of egypt are brown/orange (stone), gold and blue so mix those 3 together!
A few of those pictures of your look a bit too brown :''')
(Especially the first one even with the water,it also looks bad in general,the rest look cool though!)

GZDBBFImplosion.png.f3305d6787fdcca6c764ba3d757cd3bc.png

This is why I'm scared of making a map too detailed. GZDBBF seems to LOVE to implode my maps at the dumbest of times in the silliest of ways. Seriously, how on earth did me drawing a simple box around a linedef with a fence texture cause this? XD (Also the problem persists even with classic DooM textures when I try to delete details from one part of a room but somehow implodes something on the opposite end when neither are attached... don't ask >_>)

7 hours ago, SOSU said:

@RonLivingston
The colors of egypt are brown/orange (stone), gold and blue so mix those 3 together!

I wanted to add subtractive lights, but I know I wanted to add many big rooms with waterfalls and everything

@DynamiteKaitorn Oh, that's unfortunate. What you can try though is, drawing that box in a different way. Maybe only draw the first half on one side of the fence and see if you still have the same problem. Maybe try to draw it completely outside and then copy paste it over the fence, etc.

Map analysis mode is your friend here. Most likely something is wrong somewhere else that is resulting in this drawing issue. It could be something like a two-sided sector somewhere that's confusing the builder, or overlapping linedefs, or something else small.

2 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

Looks awesome- and very red! Those red lights cutting off bug me though ;P

I agree, that would trigger me too. Good thing they are scrolling in alternate directions ;p

ifud_shot07.png.4b1f08d65254c249ad32299fcfe90a77.png

just doing a little bit every day

here's a weird quay as viewed from a bench on a higher-up path

no gzdoom features just a bunch of naive realism ideas

roofless buildings are so cool

5 hours ago, kaleb. said:

making a different first map for the wad ive been posting screens of

DOOM0019.png

This twilight sky and the light levels you've picked work together perfectly. Looks to be a simple area, but the silhouetting of the buildings against the sky makes it so atmospheric. Nice!

Have you used an altered palette btw? I get a less saturated shade of blue from the keycard.

5 hours ago, holaareola said:

This twilight sky and the light levels you've picked work together perfectly. Looks to be a simple area, but the silhouetting of the buildings against the sky makes it so atmospheric. Nice!

Have you used an altered palette btw? I get a less saturated shade of blue from the keycard.

yeah im using a different palette, dunno if ill keep it tho it makes the reds a little too dark

I'm really close to adding a really neat idea for my level design where platforms move back and forth on zip-wires and you ride them from roof top to roof top. This dead Hawk enemy somehow activates the effect I want but only when he dies. I think I can solve this on my own and if I do, I'll post the results! :3

786882938_TMoD3D13.png.6c99a88838b40cd1d875359c3254c9b6.png

I don't think I ever really played any ToD maps until he released ESP2, but likewise was inspired a lot by them. the map in the 3rd shot in particular - absolutely loved that map

Some inspiring screens I took from Disturbia made by Death-Destiny which is one my favourite maps.

doom2811.png

"The Land is disturbed"

doom2911.png

The shadowed cyberdemon looks scary

doom3111.png

So many doors

doom3214.png

Oh no ... HELP

doom3011.png

Working on a "What If" Doom map:
What if the UAC helped the demons invade and it wasn't an accident?
Doomguy finds out and he's pissed. You're gonna kill every traitorous marine alongside the demons.

Screenshot_Doom_20190319_103233.png

31 minutes ago, Scorpinax said:

Working on a "What If" Doom map:
What if the UAC helped the demons invade and it wasn't an accident?

This is basically the plot of doom 2016.

8 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

This is basically the plot of doom 2016.

Huh, that's interesting. I wouldn't know because I still haven't played it, nice to know that i'm not the only one with that kind of interesting plot idea though.

27 minutes ago, Pieruskwurje said:

l5nMGgI.png

f0AJze3.png

UteafNy.png

Woah, if we're talking visuals, this might be the best argument for GZDoom features I've ever seen! Love the middle and last shots. What's the project?