Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account

So I tried opening a Doom 64 map in GZDoom Builder

pYbUblu.png

1 hour ago, WH-Wilou84 said:

Xanthophobie

Probably more politically correct than "Le Péril Jaune".

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Probably more politically correct than "Le Péril Jaune".

Or "La Petit Mort" which sounds like a good name for doom map.

Impressive effect made with a simple scroll texture line action, Dragonfly! The middle part of the curved linedefs is made out 1 map unit lines sets on 0, 0 on both texture axys?

14 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

FiZe0eH.gif

I saw that episode last night. There wasn't much plot, but there was plenty of action.

59 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Impressive effect made with a simple scroll texture line action, Dragonfly! The middle part of the curved linedefs is made out 1 map unit lines sets on 0, 0 on both texture axys?

Spot on!

I've been working on mapping and detailing individual rooms. I like how in an editor a map can look like a mess of sectors but in game it looks fairly clean. I'm fairly new to level editing, so I've just been taking my time building random things and not really finishing maps yet. I'm trying to use as little rectangular rooms in maps as I can, and keep hallways to an absolute minimum.

These forums have been absolutely godly for providing not only information but also inspiration.

image.png.4c9158138b3b45710bbe4427d6ec8866.png

image.png.1c3c5a59607a5321e79756e18ddeb527.png

image.png.98a2c30088374dd4def3b2a405174295.png

43 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

looking at that Z shaped wall. I can't tell the thickness but the minimum safety distance is 16 map units between walls, to avoid unexpected errors.

Which z? The one right here is a fairly small crack in the ground image.png.49a8cc806956f72151590e86379172de.png

Unless making sectors like that cause issues too. Is this an issue in all formats are just in vanilla/Boom?

Or do you mean the wall I circled here: image.png.56839a9d2f50a8f38e3dff7ff3d4dd5a.png

Development on the first episode of Shattered Flesh should be finished soon enough.

20190604_191305.png

7 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

@Nymbus_Hustle looking at that Z shaped wall. I can't tell the thickness but the minimum safety distance is 16 map units between walls, to avoid unexpected errors.

What the hell are you talking about

in theory, though, a thinner walls gives more opportunities for the projectile to hit something. An imp's fireball has a diameter of 12, but only moves at 10 units per tick, so unless I'm missing something obvious, an imp fireball will never go through a wall outside of nightmare. A baron's fireball could, as it moves at 15 units/tick, but a wall thicker than 3 units would be sufficient to stop it. Mancubus fireballs (and for that matter, imp, baron, and caco fireballs on nightmare) still have a diameter of 12, but a speed of 20. In this case, they should be sure to hit a wall that's more than 8 units thick but less than 32 units thick. So there's no strict technical reason they need to be 16 units thick, but it does fall in that range of greater than 8 but less than 32. In some cases, projectile clipping is just sort of unavoidable. They go through walls on Dead Simple that are way thicker than 16 units.

ed: i say unavoidable, but you could keep your walls always thicker than 8 units and pad any one that's thicker than 32 units with extra sectors between them in the void to try to stop the projectile. If you have a big detailed map though, is it worth soaking segs on that though?

unknown.png?width=887&height=499

Where could this be?

Bang on!

edit: same ceiling textures lol