Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Guest Unregistered account

Looks like an oil painting, I love it.

Picked up my tools and started to map. It has been over a year since I did this, find myself looking up monster placement and mapping tips in the forums.

gamma_station_wip_20190609.png

I tried to break Vanilla (or in my case, chocolate) DooM's saves via insane overflowing of linedefs. Instead I think I made GZDB-BF derp first. O_O

DrunkEditor.png.397eb6d89d1886bf7a7a118451d55ce8.png

For some reason, the top-left corner of this eclipse-spam fest seems to reach well voer the limit yet apparently the rest of it is within reasonable boundary for visplanes. [Drawseg and Solidsed is just full-on black]. Interestingly, OPENINGS also does this. So yeah... I derped the dooms.

2 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

LzLnpgX.png

(Vile Flesh, MAP25)

So many things happening in just one picture. 

That really is a lot, The HUD is beautiful, and I'm digging the texturing on that room. Is the goal there to get the two demons to kill each other or can you telefrag them?

8 hours ago, skillsaw said:

etrn52.png.7d332f657da86350125121cf92173f16.png

The grounds of a factory left to crumble.

This has a similar aesthetic to the Thief games. Where'd you get the textures from, and how'd you make grass?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Jaska said:

So, this is way too big for me to handle. Maybe I just should cut some areas totally of.. I can't imagine any good progression to this.

This looks amazing nonetheless. Can you cut areas from one wad and paste them into another? I'd hate to see any of that content go to waste

9 hours ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

That really is a lot, The HUD is beautiful, and I'm digging the texturing on that room. Is the goal there to get the two demons to kill each other or can you telefrag them?

This has a similar aesthetic to the Thief games. Where'd you get the textures from, and how'd you make grass?

This looks amazing nonetheless. Can you cut areas from one wad and paste them into another? I'd hate to see any of that content go to waste

Well yes, I'm using them somewhere, sometime.

10 hours ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

Status bar is by Reakuthecrate (their channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmmMf7G6HZXKVf_IA4rkVng). Based on the design of the map I'd say yes, the idea is for them to infight, but the spider pushed the cyber to the point of getting him both stuck and out of reach.

17 hours ago, Nymbus_Hustle said:

The textures are mostly OTEX (by Ukiro). The grass is a midtexture applied to lower unpegged two sided lines that trace the cracks between the bricks.

5 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Reminds you anything?

(Vanilla techbase project)

It certainly reminds me that maps look better when they have some lighting :P Also this has been said elsewhere, but that spine texture is going to render incorrectly in vanilla. Please test your maps for the port you are actually building them for!

Finally found a set of Dev'textures I like, so I can focus on just blocking out levels and gameplay.

DevTexturesFTW.png.cf0e56737194630d5d60513c1b04c60b.png

Decided to try and clean up my 3D model for Dynamite. Any tips to clean it further is appreciated. (Yes, it IS meant to be low-poly).

Front View:

Dyna_New.png.9a13edb54de55c3b4bc3368a0d9d7167.png

Left-Side View:

Dyna_New02.png.a7fe1332aa86bdb6aff108a629033716.png

Right-Side view:

Dyna_New03.png.2ab9fa94cfe3b8c317f67ba55d1ae21c.png

Backside View (with less butt):

Dyna_New04.png.651c9a811f3aa6944e7d7b131a9c8d7d.png

20 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190611_000409.png.341a5ad264d977869ec04bdf99ffd3e1.png

More Slough of Despair'ish hellscape.

Did "Hell Keep" as it appears on the Episode 3 intermission screen provide you with the inspiration for that building, perchance? :P

Damn a lot of these HD textures are crazy clean. I'm always surprised by what modders can do.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, Urthar said:

Finally found a set of Dev'textures I like, so I can focus on just blocking out levels and gameplay.

Got a link? That looks fly