Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Messing around with a custom spiderdemon replacement -- the flying arachnorb queen.

-_-

Two things on my itinerary:

1) Read up on how to convert pngs to proper paletted images.
2) Maybe change its attack to something other than an extremely rapid fire rocket launcher.

You can convert graphics to Doom format in SLADE fairly easily. Also, if you like I can send you a DeHackEd version of the Aracnorb Queen that I made for someone's project. I'd have to get their permission though.

Pretty much got Doomgeek's map done, but like I've said, not gonna publish it yet. I've overdone techbases.

Got started on a Hell themed map. I know it's kinda bland, but I just got started:

40oz said:

Whoa doomdude! Crackle looks so much better in orange than in yellow!

Thanks. Speaking of the yellow crackle. My map has quite a bit of the yellow and I'm on the fence with changing it to the orange stuff or having the orange and yellow compliment each other... Needs more experimenting.

Obsidian said:

You can convert graphics to Doom format in SLADE fairly easily. Also, if you like I can send you a DeHackEd version of the Aracnorb Queen that I made for someone's project. I'd have to get their permission though.

No need -- everything's working now.

Time to create new sounds for it. Not a fan of the ones included in the resource wad.

I'll probably request help with mapping the Valiant arachnorb (plan to use it as a flying hitscanner) to the SS Nazi slot.

rdwpa said:

I'll probably request help with mapping the Valiant arachnorb (plan to use it as a flying hitscanner) to the SS Nazi slot.

Won't you mind him dropping a clip of bullet ammo upon death?

It's fine; if it fires bullets, it'll at least be plausible in that regard.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to give the arachnorb queen an interesting attack pattern without introducing somewhat incongruous projectiles like the manc volleys*. A rapid-fire stream of noble fireballs seems a bit absurd. It's surprisingly fun to fight, though; I'll have a 1-hr speedmap out with it later today.

*Or a rocket, which makes less than zero sense.

EDIT: Here's that map: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1547232.

It's kinda tacky and the title is nigh illegible. If you used black instead of red for the 3D effect of the letters (or at least a darker red) it'd look better I think.

I think it looks a little better like this:

Really though, you could just take an actual screenshot of a patch of dirt in lava to get the perspective right leading up to the gate.

Perspective can be a thing sometimes. Kinda a first making titlepics truth be told. Thanks for the advice and criticism :)

If used, I'll credit you, Doomkid. Also, congrats on becoming a moderator.

antares031 said:

Started to working on the another level:

3 grammatical/syntactical errors in 1 sentence, but the screenshot looks very good. :P

scifista42 said:

3 grammatical/syntactical errors in 1 sentence...

You know me. I'm not a native English speaker. Or writer, in this case. ㅠ_ㅠ

Started working on part 2 of my upcoming map (fortress of misery). Nothing much to show but yet again, it's gonna mainly be a boss arena (oops, spoilers I guess lol) so it shouldn't take too long to make :)

That circular pit like hole in the ceiling is actually the continuation of where you leave of in part 1 (You actually start in midair, falling down from this pit).

It will make sense when you play the level I guess xD

I finally got slopes down. So I think I'll make a map using a bunch of them in good taste. It's going to be a castle. The textures are from GOTCHICTX.wad and MORTRES.wad.

DoomMarine82 said:

My fast skulltag inv remake map project to test DOOM gameplay on DOOM 3 engine.

These shots look fantastic. Keep up the good work :)

DoomMarine82 said:

Good architecture, weak but OK lighting; and why Phobos skybox rather than hellish one?