Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

scifista42 said:

Going Down MAP21.

I'm going to have to agree with this 100%; such an influential map. Map 22, constipation station follows it very well, too!

Map 21's visuals inspired me when making the Skulldash Final Boss map quite lot:

(Old SkullToken sprites, because old screenshot. Sodaholic's SkullToken sprites are way better!)

RaphaelMode is that the back room for the Icon of Sin? ;)

and Linguica is Chinese? What the hell? Somebody's been smoking sausages. :p

Anyhow still working on whatever the hell this is.

Trying out mapping again. Trying to make a simple short and fun map.
Simple kind of flew out of the window...

Started a weird minisode today. I don't think a lot of people will like it, but I'm really excited to work on it—I haven't seen its particular gimmick done before. Aiming for vanilla compatibility.

dobu gabu maru said:

Started a weird minisode today. I don't think a lot of people will like it, but I'm really excited to work on it—I haven't seen its particular gimmick done before. Aiming for vanilla compatibility.

Will there be puzzles? :D

Icytux that looks really, really good! I like the shapes and the general moody atmosphere. Only thing that I think looks a bit off are (what I think) the egyptian textures in the second shot. I had to do a double-take because I thought they were wooden textures at first, which I think might make more sense given the context of the rest of the screenshot. Though if you have more egyptian themes deeper into the map, then I guess it would make more sense.

Of all the illogical parts of that screenshot, you ask about the lack of CRATOP2 lol.

Rayzik, nice shot. The sky really suits the map.

Icytux, delicious shots! I agree with Mechadon's comments about the egyptian stuff. It looks good, but not consistent with the theme unless it becomes a more integral part of the map as it progresses.

dobu gabu maru said:

Is this some kind of jokewad mapset, but with a more "coherence"?
Idea isn't bad, keep it up! I'm curious to see what come out...

dobu gabu maru said:

http://i.imgur.com/yLS91f6.jpg

You're wrong, it's been done already... in the 90's.

Honestly, I can't see what the gimmick is unless the gimmick is "bad texturing" :P

dobu gabu maru said:

http://i.imgur.com/yLS91f6.jpg

Well, logically this sort of arena is most suitable for a battle with a spiderdemon, so I'm assuming that's what the gimmick is.

dobu gabu maru said:

I like the mishmash of textures, is this available to play through yet?

Oh I didn't think my comment would cause this much confusion heheh! The gimmick is related to the gameplay—not the texturing—though if Demon was going to guess "are you simulating the visuals of one Nicolas Monti" he'd be correct. The only hint I'll give is that there's three rules I have to adhere to while mapping, and if I showed the new status bar I made it'd spoil the big surprise ;)

Sketching/working on the city-centre/downtown look for Project PAR's urban areas. Some thread inspiration going on here, to get me out of my rut.

Piper Maru said:

I like the mishmash of textures, is this available to play through yet?

Piper, were you ever a member of Rotteneggs.com?

Making a remake of Memento Mori MAP01. Halfway done, featuring a full-size chessboard. Follows the story by Alden Bates as close as possible. Tried contacting every author of Memento Mori but only Eric Sambach and Mark Klem received my emails (didn't reply), the other didn't receive... I'm aware of the bleeding light and I can't fix it...