Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

CWolfRu said:

Interesting... Probably there need to be gothic variant of wall light IMO.

Can you be more specific, or give an example? It's all still a work in progress, so I'm open to suggestions.

Subatomic said:

Can you be more specific, or give an example? It's all still a work in progress, so I'm open to suggestions.

Sure. Like that metal + WhLite texture.

Thanks. The last 3 shots were taken in ChocoTest. Later I dropped the "colored lighting on grey textures" idea and switched to MBF. The first 2 shots are from that version.

After that the thing mutated into something I probably won't be able to finish in a reasonable amount of time, like most of what I do.

TraceOfSpades said:

Dammit, I can't unsee it.

What are you saying??!! He's clearly playing a guitar.

gaspe said:

What are you saying??!! He's clearly playing a guitar.

He looks like he's punching the clown, and you know it!

Dragonfly said:

The ceiling light is an example of something more Gothic, the wall light you've used is very tech-base in style. :)

How's this look instead?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

EDIT: wrong thread

Lutz said:

Related to my Doom II - Hellscape project, here are some screenshots from the original MAP24 ("The Chasm") and my interpretations thereof:

[amazingly shit]

Full post here.

Wow that's amazing! So sad I will never do the same... (but I am practicing)

Lutz your interpretation of the original is fantastic! I checked out the thread you linked and love everything you've shown so far. I look forward to the eventual release!

Gustavo6046 said:

Wow that's amazing! So sad I will never do the same... (but I am practicing)

Never say never.

Also, there is a thread like this for videos. I'm saying that since you posted a video and not a pic :)

Lutz said:

One of my favorite traits of this style is the freeform repetition of simple features. The torch pillars in 1b, for example: many mappers would instead decorate each island with a single elaborate pedestal holding multiple torches. It doesn't look busy, either, because of the shared tendency among most structural features and the limited number of textures. The lighting in 1b is also genius; it looks palpable, like a dark fog.

Practice, practice, practice! You're surrounded by a lot of people who've been doing this for years; take inspiration from their works.

Rather than say 'I'll never be able to do that', say 'I'm going to get that good!'. Keep trying, keep learning. I've been mapping from as early as 2005, I'm still learning new stuff today.

EDIT: I also ignored your last post because it's a video, not an image. I am at work, so I can check forums quickly here and there but watching videos is generally out of the question. I watched ten seconds or so and it's not nice to watch a video at 1fps. I'd suggest looking into better recording software. Also, D_RUNNIN? No thanks! ;D

Gustavo6046 said:

My maps are always ignored, I can do nothing in this respect...

If you need feedback, it looks significantly better than Adjoined detail wise!

I need to stop looking at this thread, it always reminds me of how poorly I map. Great shots from antares and Lutz, can't wait to play em!

Rayzik said:

I need to stop looking at this thread, it always reminds me of how poorly I map. Great shots from antares and Lutz, can't wait to play em!

Don't let it get you down, just tell yourself that one day you might be able to map like this, also these people might've been mapping for over a decade, etc, etc.

If anything i use this thread for inspiration. :)