Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

esselfortium said:

..tragic backstory

Lmao. This makes me want to put in a ridiculous unmarked secret including that image.

@NaturalTvventy: I love me some E4 sky, and I love the verticality of that area it surrounds.

I wish I had the balls to go crazy with height contrast. I always get irked by the amount of times a texture repeats but I guess it's not so noticeable in gameplay. That particular shot looks awesome.

Yea, beautiful shot NT :). Some very nice architecture going on there. I tend to have the same issue as 40oz, where making large-scale or vertically focused architecture tends to be a pain. I sometimes find it difficult to make large structures look interesting because of repeating textures.

and after 3 months in development i hope will worth the wait.

now it just matter of time to DMPhobos to finish his map so we can upload it to get some feedback. although i liked those helmet shotgun guys, no matter what, they would jump out of the platform just to have a nice spot to shoot you at the face. and i like how in the crusher area former humans and imps just avoid the crusher.

Yep!! Glad someone else knows 3dmm!!
Still an awesome program with all the V3dmm mods, you can pretty much import any texture/create anything =)
Ill definitely post the full movie here in the creative works area once everything's wrapped up. Its roughly 25 minutes at the moment. Covers pretty much the entire backstory Doom universe, with the phobos teleportation/leading into hell/demons etc. Stay tuned!

I finally found an effective way to use spider masterminds. Put some of these contraptions in the middle of a large-scale slaughter encounter.

rdwpa said:

I finally found an effective way to use spider masterminds. Put some of these contraptions in the middle of a large-scale slaughter encounter.

So basically a 3000HP gate for releasing the viles? Clever.

rdwpa said:

http://i.imgur.com/QFtVsy6.png

Deathevokation made a map in btsx e2 where a spider mastermind with restricted movement stomped around on top of some teleport destinations, so when you killed it, it activated a horde of monsters to spawn in. Lost souls for example only take up 32 square units of space. You could fit like 16 teleport destinations under a mastermind and still allow it space to move and shoot.

The monsters clearly look stuck in your screenshot. What's the inventive for killing the spidey or the viles?

Cool shot btw Joe :)

rdwpa said:

http://i.imgur.com/QFtVsy6.png

you should check out the 3-lines map by Phml, scattered somewhere in the depths of the SF3 thread. he had some pretty clever usage of stacked mobs :)

I learned in culinary class that cookies need a swarm of pain elementals to leaven properly. Also, every good pastry could benefit from a tasty coating of archvile sprinkles.

@Getsu Fune Do you have some sidedefs facing the void? Or is there more of the map outside what we see in that screenshot?

Empyre said:

Do you have some sidedefs facing the void? Or is there more of the map outside what we see in that screenshot?

There's the outer horizon circle which I didn't show cause it is supposed to be sky (and I plan to find a nighttime replacement for that, cause the E4 sky doesn't fit.)

And yes more vines will be put into place, and it's an Ultimate Doom thing so no archies or pain elementals, sorry.

Getsu Fune said:

(...cause the E4 sky doesn't fit.)

I actually think the E4 sky does wonders for that scene, but if not the idea for the project I can see why you want to change it.

Well hello to you too. Looks tasty, like the other screen you shared earlier today :P

^Yes! I loved what I played so far of Struggle and I love the style you have. Can't wait for more maps. Good looking screenshots as always.

@Getsu Fune - I'm with Rayzik on this, The first thing that struck me was how cool the sky looked. :P What sky are you thinking of using in it's place? Anything remotely as high contrast?

@AD_79 - Very nice looking screenshot. What engine is this? I feel like this map could have a fucking AWESOME twist. It's all monochromatic atm, but using a bit of ACS wizardry all the lighting and liquids could change to an accent colour of your choice, mid gameplay? Here's a quick-n-dirty example:

EDIT: I realise I forgot the ceiling light. Oh well, like I said, quick-n-dirty.

Dragonfly said:

@AD_79 - Very nice looking screenshot. What engine is this? I feel like this map could have a fucking AWESOME twist. It's all monochromatic atm, but using a bit of ACS wizardry all the lighting and liquids could change to an accent colour of your choice, mid gameplay? Here's a quick-n-dirty example:

This is PRBoom+. And trust me, I have a 'twist' in mind ;)

A few images from a map that's been in progress for more than 4 years, called "Aquaduct System" and which is a weird clash between abstraction and realism. Mostly inspired by Plutonia, Ultimate Doom E4 and Doom 2's MAP19.

An outdoors shower it is supposed to be.

Low-budget changing cabin next to the shower.

Outdoors pool and some artificial tree growth experiment in the close background.

Different angle shot of the pool, showing the other end of this section from the map.

No visuals could be weirder than this, I admit.

A free view on the aquaduct showing the beginning of the level aswell (the half-hidden alcove just left to the middle).

A toxic waste container (also a secret) from outside.