Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Here I'm trying to add trails to the moving ship. Trail graphics are credited to Earth.wad Roger Ritenour.

I also got rid of the garish "hellish" background and opted for a more subdued look.

I didn't realise you could have horizontal moving sectors. How do you do those?

Doing the Hakey Quakey:

Decided to take the palette from Mayhem 2016 further, by only concerning myself with retaining the colours necessary to smoothy convert the Doom II sprites, rather than trying to encompass all the flats and textures as well. Had to do some remaps on sprites with 'fire' colours, and there's some inevitable minor degradation here and there from trying to combine two quite different palettes into one, but otherwise it seems to work pretty well.

The library annex, the last place you'll find yourself in this realm...

(image linked for 1080p goodness)

Urthar said:

I didn't realise you could have horizontal moving sectors.

You can't really. Although there might be hacky tricks involving wall portals on polyobjects and/or 3D models attached to moving things that give an illusion of such.

More work on this level:

Currently the brown sea, due to being a liquid in Doom, hurts you when you step on it (and it's so dense you can't submerge in it). A radiation suit is required.

Looking good DM. I'd recommend having some height variation with the buildings however. Currently they're all the same exact height which looks a little odd given that they all are in different styles (textures). I also observe that the stairs take you up to the equivalent of 2nd floor, which seems a little impractical to me!

Oh, Speaking of variation :

Expect to see this Building elsewhere in the map, Cause i'm lazy lol

Dragonfly said:

Does this warp about in real-time? If so, where do I get my hands on this hilarity? :)

I'm afraid not, I'm just taking screenshots and feeding them through this site:
http://contentawaresatan.com/

Thanks to Fuzzball for showing it to me!

printz said:

More work on this level:

Currently the brown sea, due to being a liquid in Doom, hurts you when you step on it (and it's so dense you can't submerge in it). A radiation suit is required.

Hold the fuck up. Is my eyesight going or did you just manage to make STONE look good?

You can't do that. You just can't. Get with the fucking program, printz.

rdwpa said:

Looks great. Would honestly rather catch Pokemon than shoot monsters in there.

Is there a Pokemon Go mod for Doom?

Stapler said:

Hold the fuck up. Is my eyesight going or did you just manage to make STONE look good?

You can't do that. You just can't. Get with the fucking program, printz.

There's no STONE texture in that screenshot. And no STONE2 either. The brick you see is derived from it :) Finally there's a distant STONEx (forgot the number) Doom 2 cracked version of STONE, do you mean that?

Anyway, I like the STONE textures, all of them.

printz said:

There's no STONE texture in that screenshot. And no STONE2 either. The brick you see is derived from it :) Finally there's a distant STONEx (forgot the number) Doom 2 cracked version of STONE, do you mean that?

He also might have been talking about the stone-like flat. I'd say it's likely that's the case, because I see nothing much unusual about the usage of textures on that screenshot, but that flat is rarely seen, and you are using it on a relatively fitting terrain for it.

Very early screenshots of a VR Doom WAD viewer for Google Cardboard. This is what it looks like after a few days of work. I eventually plan on getting textures and objects to show up.

Databending test with Doom 2. I did almost 100 edited files, but this is the only one that launched at all :D

(tested on Zdoom 2.7.1)