Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Holy crap that's good Impboy

Playing Mayhem 2048 this afternoon while experimenting with a Doom 3 Imp I posted this morning

Honestly though I feel TNT would work better with D64's theme, but other than that it looks great all the same.

Guest Unregistered account

Awesome work, Impboy! I love how you've gone with a Mayan/tombey feel rather than just plain jungle (although that's probably partly because there are no jungle-like textures in D64).

Avoozl said:

Honestly though I feel TNT would work better with D64's theme, but other than that it looks great all the same.

Now that you mention this, I agree!

@IMX

Are those Doom 3 imp sprites yours? I quite like them. However:

I'm not sure if it's just the software mode darkness degrading the sprites but it appears that the shading on the face is a bit flat around the edges on angle 1 of frame G. The mouth looks a bit iffy. Lastly, it seems some of the eyes are brown/orange instead of red.

If you're willing to share the sprites, could I try my hand at some tweaks?

...it wasn't intentional I swear! But you actually think it's nice or you just wanted to mention this milestone? :D

Avoozl said:

I doubt TNT would fit because the levels go all over the place with the themes.

Sodaholic said:

@IMX

Are those Doom 3 imp sprites yours? I quite like them. However:

I'm not sure if it's just the software mode darkness degrading the sprites but it appears that the shading on the face is a bit flat around the edges on angle 1 of frame G. The mouth looks a bit iffy. Lastly, it seems some of the eyes are brown/orange instead of red.

If you're willing to share the sprites, could I try my hand at some tweaks?

Sure thing! I actually posted the finished monster yesterday, you can find it here. The sprites are named differently but you can rename them easily in SLADE

Here's some aliens, also trying a weapon. Both from model renders. Maybe I render the aliens again with 45 FOV instead of 90. It could probably work better with the automatic offsetting.

Great sky, Katamori! I really like the tech bits poking out and weaving through.

Jimi said:

Here's some aliens, also trying a weapon. Both from model renders. Maybe I render the aliens again with 45 FOV instead of 90. It could probably work better with the automatic offsetting.

That TC is looking really cool.

I must ask, though. If using model renders, why have an automatic offset? By that I assume you mean a fixed number of pixels below the ground and centered. The 3D origin of the model relative to the render POV should determine the offset by matching it up with the sprite origin.

Thank you very much Sodaholic, you cant imagine how unsure I was, knowing the lack of my abilities at creating actually well looking textures.

Sodaholic said:

I must ask, though. If using model renders, why have an automatic offset? By that I assume you mean a fixed number of pixels below the ground and centered. The 3D origin of the model relative to the render POV should determine the offset by matching it up with the sprite origin.

It's a lot faster if I can single click the offsets and it works for 90% of the frames. With these it was like 10%.

Miller said:

Some new pictures (work in progress) ...... btw, about the level content I betray nothing ... ;)

So it's JDoom... I wouldn't recognize that these screenshots had anything to do with Doom, if there weren't those Doom HUD numbers.

The outdoors look interesting, the net too, otherwise there are rather simple corridors, but they look okay.

Miller said:

Some new pictures (work in progress) ...
[…]
... btw, about the level content I betray nothing ... ;)

It looks like Unreal.

Da Werecat said:

Did you overlay a bunch of fuzzy rectangular sprites in front of each other?

Sort of...