Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Nice Rekkr! I also have a Rekkr, (looks good because of all the decorations (things) everywhere) and I love nature-y things >~<

http://puu.sh/uu8SO/49e9ce7d18.jpg

Very nice place!

The problem I have is that all decoration are for nature things and few are ok in a town setting.

Here's some screenshots from a Doom 64 themed map I started working on Saturday. Still getting used to the mapping process, but I'm having fun at the same time.

Spoiler

I like the new change. Is the slime still there?

also, one cool thing i like in maps is when there are tiles missing outside and theres dirt under it. Or if its a hell place, maybe even lava rocks o.o

DRL 3.33 said:

Evilution has a larger slime trail in MAP20.

Could one put slime trails into a map on purpose via some voodoo trickery? What if I wanted the player's screen to be completely obscured by a giant slime trail at all times in an otherwise perfectly good map?

Linguica?

^ Unclosed sectors have a potential to create the same kind of slime trails that node builder imprecisions do, and can be easily made by hand in map editors (by editing sector references in linedef/sidedef properties), purposefully at any position and of any size you want.

I once saw a map where unclosed sectors were used for water reflection effect. I don't remember the wad name though.

jmickle66666666 said:

oh noo its a broken image :X i'm super curious

It was some small decorative things. A clump of blades of grass, a skull, this kind of things. Done in a more cartoony style than Doom's standard decoration (e.g. with dark outlines).

Angry Saint said:

(Yes: we have oranges and bananas sold in the REKKR market!)

There's a blueberry FLAT I added at some later point too.

Uh, doom picture:

Cozy country farm, with barn and everything.

Do people actually build houses with diagonal wood panels on the floor/ceiling?

Occasionally. Harder than just going straight, and more expensive, therefor more rare. But they exist.

Memfis said:

Do people actually build houses with diagonal wood panels on the floor/ceiling?

My grandparents' house has a few rooms like that actually.