Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 9/5/2017 at 11:23 PM, Blastfrog said:

(I hate double-posting, but this is unrelated to the previous post, so...)

Not quite Doom related, but probably close enough to post in this thread. Here's a WIP enhanced Wolf 3D status bar. I figured an "arms" segment is functionally more useful than a redundant graphic of the weapon you already see in first person.

VTa2bYx.png

This is kind of cool but there is a lot of wasted space. You could add an armor box or something like that with all the space you're not using for anything.

Do consider that the score might go very high. Let's imagine it goes to 6 digits. Suddenly your 'wasted space' isn't so wasted, is it? ;)

Ok, here's my little Doom collection. The Funko mini Revenant and Doomguy figures I bought at different times, that's why they weren't together in the first picture. I kinda wish I bought that one classic Doomguy figure from Symbiote Studios. Unfortunately, they no longer sell them.

wTMLBIxm.jpg

THOwvDZm.jpg

jC4Axulm.jpg

10 hours ago, Memfis said:

New city map coming soon? Can I overcame my laziness and get this BORING thing placement done?

~Sheev~

I like the crab going wild in the bottom right (\/) ';,,;' (\/)

Few more pics from nearly finnished map.i'm  Happy with progress

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-53-49.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-55-08.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-56-09.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-56-39.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-57-36.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-22-58-28.png

Edited by Mr. Trotl

I'm surprised at how much impact these animations give to what would otherwise be relatively plain shots. Particularly that lava one in your first batch, and the Epic 2 stream.

6 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

I'm surprised at how much impact these animations give to what would otherwise be relatively plain shots. Particularly that lava one in your first batch, and the Epic 2 stream.

Full credit to @esselfortium for the nicely flowing water flats

On 9/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, valkiriforce said:

I decided to start making gifs of some moments while playing Doom WADs:

22JRaZB.gif

poqe9mH.gif

YLdrjsr.gif

fQlbXQ7.gif

Please make more, these are aesthetically pleasing 

2 hours ago, Phade102 said:

For some reason, I remember the urn being really good?

The chalice (sorry, krater) is instant ammo refill; the urn provides a full health refill. I guess the armor set in the middle provides full armor refill then. (In vanilla Hexen you find separate armor pieces that are used on pickup, plus an armor-boosting artifact.)

1 hour ago, Gez said:

The chalice (sorry, krater) is instant ammo refill; the urn provides a full health refill. I guess the armor set in the middle provides full armor refill then. (In vanilla Hexen you find separate armor pieces that are used on pickup, plus an armor-boosting artifact.)

ah fair enough. I guess all are useful, just depends what you're short on at the time.

@cyan0s1s id Tech 3 is more colorful though, but i can say i reached very near to it, specially now that the shaders it supports made me able to make Railgun and Plasma Gun keep their energy effects.

17 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I dig those gifs @valkiriforce, if you don't mind, could you post more? Periodically if you want. Wait! Could you make a gif of your Reverie's map umm, was it 17? The one with the doors opening at the end. 

Kinda tricky, but this is what I got:

EOTpxqA.gif

Also another scene I really like in the same map. Gives that kind of Doom 2 feel to it (but was also tricky to animate with both monsters and animated flats):

SXb8mBz.gif

Don't wanna bog down this page too frequently with gifs so I'll just wait to post some more later.