Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

12 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Feels weirdly good to find shortcuts on my own.

Before you know it, you'll be seeing them everywhere

fAirkrj.png

and it will drive you mad.

@Zanieonif it didn't have the sprites, I'd be wondering if it was for Doom3.

@yakfaklooks pretty surreal.

Tried some other 4 colors. These are just any 4 from the CGA master palette. Colored lighting works pretty well... I'd like to use a style like this, would be easy to make textures with just 4 colors. If I add more colors to it, it starts to look normal. It's so hard to decide which 16 colors to have in the palette, what a nightmare. Have to think how to proceed with this. Every sector light color is a different set of 4 colors, including the default light color? Every level is a different set of 4 colors?

Ho9z0rF.png

Probably makes the most sense to do it per-level, unless you make colored lighting basically function as a full-screen palette swap while you're in that sector. Otherwise, you break the whole 4 color limitation by allowing more to be drawn at once under the right circumstances.

10 hours ago, Memfis said:

Maybe I'm noob but I couldn't just strafe50 over that gap. I needed monster assistance.

FWIW your demo was why that map came to mind for strafe50, and why it was the last panel with the angriest face. "The world's fattest mancubus" still amuses me.

WIth the help of advanced graphic editing software/techniques and a large amount of science, I have developed theoretical Doom-assisted psycho-therapy technique(s)./

thanks to: Original venn diagram by DoomWorld userBenjogami  with the help of advanced math+science, from the SLaughterMax thread

Spoiler

lN9z2ag.jpg

Not having enough fun with our barrels? Now, at no extra charge, we will bring the fun to you!

Elemental barrels like in Borderlands would be neat, maybe even barrels with unpredictable effects such as shooting an imp's fireball on explosion for an example.

5 hours ago, Rayziik said:

Barrels o' "Fun"

I especially liked the "boom mic mouse pointer drifts into shot" moment :).

47 minutes ago, Spie812 said:

Gzdoom + Ambient Occlusion + Invulnerability - Textures = ???

First is obviously doom2 map01, second is doom2 map14, then finally sunder map09?

I made in Doom a map that is an approximation of a very famous map from another game. Try to find out which it is! There are 10 minutes to find out!

qGHJJ1E.png

2Qvqoft.png

Testing some stuff in map. I don't know if I ever release this map, because I'm slowly getting into mapper's block and so on.

44.png

On 11/22/2017 at 6:03 AM, Memfis said:

Looks like a Darkwave map almost.

I was thinking darkwave + nicolas monti, maybe ;D

On 11/24/2017 at 4:34 PM, Gustavo6046 said:

I made in Doom a map that is an approximation of a very famous map from another game. Try to find out which it is! There are 10 minutes to find out!

qGHJJ1E.png

2Qvqoft.png

On 24. 11. 2017 at 10:11 AM, Spie812 said:

Gzdoom + Ambient Occlusion + Invulnerability - Textures = ???

xjzyh2p.png

47d2OG4.png

bgLkYsZ.png

Oh woow, glorious and awesome. Great idea for horror themede maps, tough

@bioshockfan90such a tranquil place...

Tried some more 4 color palettes, but if they have no red and green, or the colors are flipped, the target rectangle stuff becomes useless or confusing. With some 8 colors the important colors can stay as they are, while others can change. The colors change smooth, and PLAYPAL don't need damage or bonus flashes. Also made an automatic screenshotter commandline option.

P5c4ovs.gif