Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AtroNx said:

Is this too much brown? :P

Not at all.

 

But I think the texture under the orange striped bar on the left is really ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Not at all.

 

But I think the texture under the orange striped bar on the left is really ugly.

Totally agree, I'm searching for a better version, do you know if I can find any?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

pretty outrageous gem you got there Dragonfly

Plot twist: it's actually just a health potion

Share this post


Link to post

I'm working on an underwater base themed map... and something went horribly wrong that is related to 3d floors, somehow. I think it was the transparent 3d floor having 256 brightness, and the wall it was against also having 256 sidedef brightness. Could be used with silent teleporters for a neat portal effect, I guess.

1st pic has bloom enabled, 2nd doesn't. I can provide the wad that consistently creates the effect if anyone wants to take a crack at seeing what the hell caused this.

Screenshot_Doom_20180106_194349.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180106_194604.png

Edited by THMG

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, THMG said:

I'm working on an underwater base themed map... and something went horribly wrong that is related to 3d floors, somehow. I think it was the transparent 3d floor having 256 brightness, and the wall it was against also having 256 sidedef brightness. Could be used with silent teleporters for a neat portal effect, I guess.

1st pic has bloom enabled, 2nd doesn't. I can provide the wad that consistently creates the effect if anyone wants to take a crack at seeing what the hell caused this.

 

I was having a very similar problem with my very similar map that I showed a couple of pages back; long story short I decided to use Duke 3D style water instead of 3D floors.

Share this post


Link to post

Was there a specific port that was happening in?

For example did it happen in Zan and not Qz, but always in Gz?

Share this post


Link to post

Does anybody else get a kick from watching two Masterminds fight it out? hehe

Screenshot_Doom_20180105_181946.png.eab6590a3d847734e843b3185a4b6e12.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, K3K said:

Does anybody else get a kick from watching two Masterminds fight it out? hehe

It's IMO the canon ending of PSX Doom. The last level of the Doom II portion features a boss fight against two spiderdemons, and the victory text says you turned the evil of hell upon itself to destroy the power of the demons.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't there a wad with an impossible amount of imps slowly spawning into an open location? There was an exit that you could access without much trouble, and a bunker with ammo. I remember there was a contest held at RDC a long time ago, the goal was to kill as many imps as you can and exit the level, then provide a demo. Whoever killed the most imps was the winner.


The main difficulty was that with more time spent killing imps more imps were spawning, making it harder and harder to navigate the map and get to useful places (including the exit).

Share this post


Link to post

I can't support demos unfortunately, since my engine is built from scratch. It is, however, my current automap. It was much easier to implement this than create the entire automap rendering system :P

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, jmickle66666666 said:

another iso shot of btsxe1 map24 because it has so many cool areas

Screenshot 2018-01-07 17.45.33.png

 

That viewpoint makes it look like an M.C. Escher painting.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Was there a specific port that was happening in?

For example did it happen in Zan and not Qz, but always in Gz?

I've only seen it in GZDoom 3.2.4, and didn't bother to test any other ports.

 

@A.Gamma I wasn't even doing swimmable water there. I was trying to do a 3d floor window so I could easily drop it and provide justification for why the room was flooded.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Velvetic said:

8.jpg.92e21a199c959332d008d8f4ce23c9f5.jpg9.jpg.48318e8d7c7913955fcc4ad9ceb4724c.jpg10.jpg.1df37fe619a6e4ad926c63e73c953b87.jpg11.jpg.a6d4de72d0aae8832e204095bf90596d.jpg

 

Spent an entire day creating mega textures to make these caves more interesting to look at.


Those lava textures look more like Quake 2 than Doom.

Share this post


Link to post

@jmickle66666666 Tough Skin River is an amazing looking map so I'm not surprised you find so many good-looking areas :)

Edited by Uni

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, antares031 said:

> dmvis -w 1920 -l 1 -nl -s DMP2016_antares031_final.wad MAP25

How an Apple II loads a map on Doom Builder.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, antares031 said:

> dmvis -w 1920 -l 1 -nl -s DMP2016_antares031_final.wad MAP25

This is really cool to watch. I love the part where you're clearly working on the final battle and like 100 monster closets suddenly appear in rapid-fire.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2017 at 6:59 PM, dobu gabu maru said:

Protip: Never let me map past a deadline

 

Hal9xUr.jpg

 

vig3b7M.jpg

 

fBnRqnA.jpg

I love these, that kind a architecture is right down my ally.  In fact my ally is right around the corner to the right from that bottom pic...

 

Edited by Byeblothingal 1024

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×