Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Creatively bankrupt the wadsicle:

qWGVQFF.png

Yep, I've been trying to make some sort of three-dimensional playable environment or something.

3 minutes ago, PaquoCastor said:

Creatively bankrupt the wadsicle:

Yep, I've been trying to make some sort of three-dimensional playable environment or something.

Why does the ceiling slime only fall down the upper part of the walls, then suddenly disappear? Not to mention that it only falls down certain walls, while others it stays perfectly content to be on the ceiling.

3 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

Why does the ceiling slime only fall down the upper part of the walls, then suddenly disappear? Not to mention that it only falls down certain walls, while others it stays perfectly content to be on the ceiling.

Physics. This is why one shouldn't abstract oblivion but rather abstract nonsense. Consistent contrast is better than meaningless non-chaos no? At least I fixed the invisible walls surrounding a skin column in an other room. Is still a room bigger on the inside. Cause why not?

Just now, PaquoCastor said:

Physics. This is why one shouldn't abstract oblivion but rather abstract nonsense. Consistent contrast is better than meaningless non-chaos no? At least I fixed the invisible walls surrounding a skin column in an other room. Is still a room bigger on the inside. Cause why not?

Thing is, it doesn't really look abstract. It just looks like a mistake.

If it was just zany physics, wouldn't the lower ceiling also be ceiling slime, and the slime fall texture applied to all of its side? Then it'd look like the slime started to fall, but then decided to stop doing so.

Wait I missed out on:
- Doom having prop hunt.
- a large server full of people playing prop hunt.

...Damn! D:

DOOM01.png.cae8da6f5aea668c5bb1d09a5f305ece.png

Created an alleyway in Chocolate Doom, with the ramp effect from my previous post on the dumpster.

This was rendered perfectly, on GZDoom Builder, it looked like a piece of garbage (no pun intended).

Edited by EmotionalFelineinaMadstate

On 1/11/2018 at 0:55 PM, franckFRAG said:

It's my first ENDOOM, and I'm satisfied with the result :) The RC2 will release in some hours.

Sweet, ENDOOM is rather underappreciated for modifying these days.

Lowered the drop ship of my E1M1 reinterpretation to be viewable without freelook.

Screenshot_Doom_20180114_083657.png

4 hours ago, Surreily said:

colorfilter.png.9904fd465a9a1e9c9910ba2a844f5b28.png

I added a color filter to Doom Builder. It kinda works.

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit I only just discovered that GZDoom Builder Bugfix existed yesterday... it's so much better than vanilla GZDoom Builder!

I'm working on a megawad that could really really benefit from this, any chance you could share? Totally appreciating it's provisional work etc.